Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2003, 12:00   #1
Neal Parry

Post Community Wardens

If anyone would like to contact the Community Wardens working in Accrington, please feel free to use the contact information on http://www.communitywardens.co.uk or e-mail me direct.
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2003, 11:27   #2

Post Re: Community Wardens

Without sounding disrespectful who would want to contact any of these wardens, they are jumped up pricks with no lives who think they have authority to do what they want and speak to people how they want. AND THEY CANT
Old 06-08-2003, 11:54   #3
Caz
God Member

Wouldn't like to hear you when you are disrespectful then.

Seems you should have called yourself RUDE!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:59   #4
Resting in Peace

[quote author=cazzer link=board=qanda;num=1059825626;start=0#2 date=08/06/03 at 12:54:11]Wouldn't like to hear you when you are disrespectful then.

Seems you should have called yourself RUDE![/quote]

I agree with you there cazzer
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 13:36   #5
Neal Parry

Thanks for your nice comments.  

Is there any chance we gave you a £50 fine for dog fouling or littering? Or perhaps we assited in giving evidence to the police to arrange for your removal from your premises? Perhaps we issued you a fine for failing to display your car tax, or was it outdated? Have you had any alcohol confiscated by us? Have you had an ASBO served against you? Maybe your vehicle has been taken away by us? Are you a nusiance neighbour who we have dealt with? Have we warned you children re. their behaviour?

Would you like to join the JUNIOR Warden scheme which we have now set up for the younger generation?

Mmm, can't do much can we? ;-)
Old 06-08-2003, 13:54   #6
Jo

I agree with you Rude, no-one should speak to people "how they want", as you put it. Respect is vital.
One thing I don't understand though, if you believe people shouldn't speak to others "how they want", why did you just use the term "jumped up pricks with no lives"?
Maybe you consider the rules to be different for yourself. Probably. :
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 14:38   #7
Neal Parry

No one should be spoken to in a disrespectful manner. I hope none of the Community Wardens speak to anyone like that.  I certainly wouldn't.  It would show us in a bad light and make us lose the respect of the general public.

You always get one who has a problem, but it's nice to hear their comments and views.  At least on here you can just ignore them, or ask the Webmaster to block their ISP.
Old 06-08-2003, 15:38   #8
mini mash

The times that I have seen the community wardens in my area, they always say good morning or good afternoon and speak in a very respectful manner, giving me the impression that they would be willing to help with any problems that they are able to deal with.
Old 06-08-2003, 16:29   #9
BB
Junior Member+

[quote author=mini_mash link=board=qanda;num=1059825626;start=0#7 date=08/06/03 at 16:38:06]The times that I have seen the community wardens in my area, they always say good morning or good afternoon and speak in a very respectful manner, giving me the impression that they would be willing to help with any problems that they are able to deal with.[/quote]

I second that.

Maybe RUDE should explain why he feels this way. Perhaps it is just inbred prejudice or even envy?
BB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 16:35   #10
Junior Member+

[quote author=BB link=board=qanda;num=1059825626;start=0#8 date=08/06/03 at 17:29:31]

I second that.

Maybe RUDE should explain why he feels this way. Perhaps it is just inbred prejudice or even envy?
[/quote]

Or just ??? ignorance.

I agree with all these statements  totally!
flopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 16:52   #11
Caz
God Member

[quote author=mini_mash link=board=qanda;num=1059825626;start=0#7 date=08/06/03 at 16:38:06]The times that I have seen the community wardens in my area, they always say good morning or good afternoon and speak in a very respectful manner, giving me the impression that they would be willing to help with any problems that they are able to deal with.[/quote]

Agree totally!! not much else to say is there,RUDE?

Makes one wonder if he has an axe to grind with the police force as well. ??? ???

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 20:44   #12

Every time i have had cause to speak with a warden, i have found them polite and very helpfull. Never (RUDE) its really nice to know what some people think is'nt it.
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:40   #13

There`s also the possibility that he`s being deliberately provocative -- don`t let us "waste" web space on him or her. Reckon he`s best ignored because if he is genuine we are certainly not going to change his pathetic anti-social outlook. See -- I`ve wasted space on the subject.
Owd Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 10:35   #14
I am Banned

[quote author=Owd_Bert link=board=qanda;num=1059825626;start=0#12 date=08/07/03 at 06:40:20]There`s also the possibility that he`s being deliberately provocative -- don`t let us "waste" web space on him or her. Reckon he`s best ignored because if he is genuine we are certainly not going to change his pathetic anti-social outlook. See -- I`ve wasted space on the subject.
[/quote]
Maybe in the rest of the forum as well ??? ;D
Royboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 10:48   #15

i would like to thank neal for being such a wonderful community warden
adios is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..