Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-12-2009, 11:25   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Con club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've always said that women are far worse than fellas
Could always try the old trick of 'accidentally on purpose' spilling a drink on some victim's shirt... only a little though ... had to minimise the damage.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-12-2009, 11:55   #47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
LOL Atarah, but if you were clever you walked in a clockwise direction ... good excuse for bumping into the talent.
Not an option if you were a bloke, though. All very well bumping into the ladies accidentally on purpose, but if you genuinely accidently bumped into certain chaps, you'd end up with a knuckle buttie!
Old 21-12-2009, 13:17   #48

I had my Evening Wedding doo in the Ball room on the top floor when it was still the old Con Club - it was an amazing room - shame eh?
Accrington Lad likes this.
Little Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 14:09   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Not an option if you were a bloke, though. All very well bumping into the ladies accidentally on purpose, but if you genuinely accidently bumped into certain chaps, you'd end up with a knuckle buttie!
Sometimes it was accidental and you could not discern one direction from the other (Thwaites) - think I got a Glasgow Kiss, and it was my wife to be who helped me up from the floor.
Old 21-12-2009, 15:11   #50
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Sometimes it was accidental and you could not discern one direction from the other (Thwaites) - think I got a Glasgow Kiss, and it was my wife to be who helped me up from the floor.
Sounds like a decent marriage proposal to me Barry
Old 09-12-2012, 23:22   #51

A beautiful building. I will be doing a survey in the new year asking people in the local area what they think about the new plans for Accy Con Club and then passing it on to the owner whom i have contact with. If anyone wants a message passing on about what you think should be done then please post it here!
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:37   #52
Mog

Question Re: Con club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewoodsambo3 View Post
A beautiful building. I will be doing a survey in the new year asking people in the local area what they think about the new plans for Accy Con Club and then passing it on to the owner whom i have contact with. If anyone wants a message passing on about what you think should be done then please post it here!
If you are doing a survey in the new year regarding the plans for the building. What are the plans then?. There must be some sort of a plan Or are they just waiting for Idea,s. It doesnt make sense to me.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:13   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Mog is correct, to give n opinion on the plans, first yeh need to be aware of what they are.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:21   #54
Senior Member+

Have some very recent postings been deleted?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:30   #55

Or is there another thread ? Most pubs and clubs appear to burst into flames nowadays, I blame the smoking ban
flashy likes this.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:36   #56

Post Re: Con club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
If you are doing a survey in the new year regarding the plans for the building. What are the plans then?. There must be some sort of a plan Or are they just waiting for Idea,s. It doesnt make sense to me.
There are plans, Im sorry I thought you may already know about the plans.
Here are the plans that were proposed in 2010 but yet still nothing has happened yet. The current conservative club owner of Woodgreen Developments told me the same plans as is posted in the following newspaper article.
Apparently the reason why it has not started yet is because planning permission has still not come through. But I want to dig deeper as it has been empty for around 10 years now. Take a look at this article from 2010.
Accrington Conservative Club ballroom faces demolition (From This Is Lancashire)

(They are planning on knocking down the rear of the building and building a large glass atrium with a gym and office spaces and a restaurant.
but I want peoples thoughts on this so I can pass it on to the owner)
Cheers

Last edited by Accrington Lad; 11-12-2012 at 09:39. Reason: More info
Accrington Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:24   #57
Resting in Peace

Can't see where any Planning Application has been submitted.

Got the impression money was tight for them to go ahead with this scheme.

Would be good to have an update, however.
Accrington Lad likes this.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..