Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2014, 15:31   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Coppice gates cordoned off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
It wasn't me!
I agree that it's not funny really - these kind of jokes are from the Saville days and best off left there.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2014, 22:06   #32

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I agree that it's not funny really - these kind of jokes are from the Saville days and best off left there.
Nope, it's not funny....then again I don't laugh at 'you've been framed' or 'it'll be alright on the night' and I think 'Harry Hills TV Burp' is an abomination because I really fail to see something funny in watching pratfalls like a baby banging it's head against a camera, a dog getting stuck in a cat flap or someones wedding day being ruined when the drunken uncle falls into the cake..but it's always high in the ratings so obviously i'm in the minority. I never write in to complain.....horses for courses, live and let live etc..

Give me the innocent humour of a soot covered Benny Hill and black hand marks on a white hot panted female any day of the week for a belly laugh. And before the resident PC nuggets jump in..even in the 60's, 70's and 80's he always ended up the loser. Pathos was lost on the PC brigade who hounded him out of prime time TV.

I grew up in your 'Saville' days....funnily enough I ain't a drug addled moron driving around the lake district with no regard for the safety of others, and I have a grasp on the fact that humour is subjective.

It's strange how we are constantly told that we have to accept diversity, yet there is always some PC clown who tries to dictate their own version of what is humour and what isn't.

Anyone with half a brain doesn't condone attempted rape or beating women and I doubt very much that Jim meant anything other than a black humour joke (Frankie Boyle makes a lucrative career with this), in my opinion it was a crap joke..but hey...in my opinion, so is a dog getting stuck in a cat flap..guess you guys who pilloried him will not be pulling crackers next week on the 'crap joke' principle.
Old 20-12-2014, 11:24   #33
Senior Member+

What's been forgotten about in all this discussion about humour, poor or not, is what's happened to the poor girl!
Does anyone know how she is?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 15:42   #34
Beacon of light

Back on thread, I hope the young lass involved in this attack is being supported by her friends, family, and those who are trained to give help....And I hope she is alright.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2014, 19:33   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I will be trying to avoid crackers next week on the principle that I don't give a flying crap about Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Family is somewhat important to me so yeah I will doing that, grudgingly
It's only as you lose family over the years that you realise how important and pressiose those 'get togethers' at Christmas and other times were.
Don't begrudge it, make the most of it while you can.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 20-12-2014 at 19:41.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..