Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2009, 20:29   #1
Senior Member+

Costume Shop (Fancy Dress)

Hello
Right i was wondering if anyone could help me Im after a fancy dress shop around the local area. Accrington , Blackburn , Burnley etc.
I know the one on Union Road but that hasnt got anything that i need.
I need a costume to borrow as i wont be wearing it again haha.
So do you know anywhere where there is a good selection of costumes at good renting prices?

However, if there is anyone on accringtonweb who has bought a costume in the past and could lend it me for a day! Anything from superheros to tv stars. If you have anything to offer in the region of that id be very greatful and would pay to borrow it.

Thankyou very much!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2009, 20:45   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Costume Shop (Fancy Dress)

Hi FC Stanley ... there is a fancy dress shop in Morrisons at Blackburn (or was couple of years ago) ... quite good.

Son has a Superhero suit which he is willing to loan to you f.o.c. He is home this weekend, not sure when you need it. Says slight rip in side, (must have been a good night !) but will sew it up if you are interested ...

Picture below, the yellow on the left ... minus trainers .... LOL.

superhero group.jpg
jamie superhero.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 20:51   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Hi FC Stanley ... there is a fancy dress shop in Morrisons at Blackburn (or was couple of years ago) ... quite good.

Son has a Superhero suit which he is willing to loan to you f.o.c. He is home this weekend, not sure when you need it. Says slight rip in side, (must have been a good night !) but will sew it up if you are interested ...

Picture below, the yellow on the left ... minus trainers .... LOL.

Attachment 13759
Attachment 13760
Hi Katex, thankyou for your quick reply!
Is this Morrisons the super market or am i being blonde , minus the blonde hair ??

Ahhh thats a superb offer, the only problem is that alot of people i know are going as superheros and maybe wanted something different. I am extremely greatful for your offer If i find nothing else then id be very thankful if i could use this off you
However, may be a problem , going on saturday haha! So might be a problem their!

Is anyone else out there have a relative or anyone with a fancy dress costume?

Once again , thankyou very much katex. Karma given

Old 27-04-2009, 20:53   #4
God Member

not sure if the morrisons one has shut down now. Will check tomorrow as I am going in on my lunch hour

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 20:57   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
not sure if the morrisons one has shut down now. Will check tomorrow as I am going in on my lunch hour

Be a love and get me a loaf and a 1/4 of boiled ham please
Old 27-04-2009, 21:09   #6
God Member

Does the one in the Arcade not hire them out ?
Old 27-04-2009, 21:14   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Hi Katex, thankyou for your quick reply!
Is this Morrisons the super market or am i being blonde , minus the blonde hair ??

Ahhh thats a superb offer, the only problem is that alot of people i know are going as superheros and maybe wanted something different. I am extremely greatful for your offer If i find nothing else then id be very thankful if i could use this off you
However, may be a problem , going on saturday haha! So might be a problem their!

Is anyone else out there have a relative or anyone with a fancy dress costume?

Once again , thankyou very much katex. Karma given
How kind to give me Karma ... thank you.
He will probably be home Sat. afternoon, but not set in stone yet .. may get to Sunday morning, however, will keep in touch just in case you are struggling.

Roughly what size are ya ? Just another line of thought if the one in Morrisons has closed. They are still showing a tel. no on their web site 01254 51515, and have this LOL :-
Girl not included.
nurse.jpg

Welcome to Fancy Dress Shop / Fancy Dress Shop / Party with a difference, Make it Fancy Dress

Last edited by katex; 27-04-2009 at 21:18.
Old 27-04-2009, 21:21   #8
Senior Member+

katex!! is that your son????.... all i have to say is PHWOA!!!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2009, 21:34   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
How kind to give me Karma ... thank you.
He will probably be home Sat. afternoon, but not set in stone yet .. may get to Sunday morning, however, will keep in touch just in case you are struggling.

Roughly what size are ya ? Just another line of thought if the one in Morrisons has closed. They are still showing a tel. no on their web site 01254 51515, and have this LOL :-
Girl not included.
Attachment 13761

Welcome to Fancy Dress Shop / Fancy Dress Shop / Party with a difference, Make it Fancy Dress
Your welcome.
Ahh right , would have to have it friday night , saturday morning as where going at 12.

What size am i... :S God, i have no idea haha. Im 6 ft 2ish and wear medium jumpers and tops. Im size 15 1/2 collar if that helps haha. Ah right , yes as if you or anyone of the other accywebbers have a costume or knows of someone with a costume i could borrow then please post Its for saturday as where going to the football to watch Stanley at Bury, last game of the season outing

Damn , the girls not included

Old 27-04-2009, 21:34   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
katex!! is that your son????.... all i have to say is PHWOA!!!

Ah ... thanks Emamum ... don't we mums love it when other people admire your kids. x Was not sure whether he has the PHWOA factor though ... don't look at 'em that way if you know what I mean .. well, you will soon when Ty gets a little bigger .... LOL.
Old 27-04-2009, 21:35   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Thanks HR

Old 27-04-2009, 21:39   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Your welcome.
Ahh right , would have to have it friday night , saturday morning as where going at 12.

What size am i... :S God, i have no idea haha. Im 6 ft 2ish and wear medium jumpers and tops. Im size 15 1/2 collar if that helps haha. Ah right , yes as if you or anyone of the other accywebbers have a costume or knows of someone with a costume i could borrow then please post Its for saturday as where going to the football to watch Stanley at Bury, last game of the season outing

Damn , the girls not included
Would have fit OK then, what a shame .. too late. Blooming hek .. starting at 12 !! Have a great day. Keep us in touch with your search.
Old 28-04-2009, 09:32   #13
Resting in Peace

Can remember my granddaughter get a fancy dress outfit from a place in Darwen at Christmas, seem to recall they had a huge selection to chose from, but sorry don't know the address, will try and find out for you
Old 28-04-2009, 12:56   #14
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device
please do jaysay, thanks.
Old 28-04-2009, 13:27   #15
God Member

Talk Of The Town in Padiham does fancy dress hire...........(near the old Co-op soon to be Tesco)
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..