Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 17:51   #16
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Council services - good service?

what i want to know is, if you put your wheelie bin out for collection and a few black bags beside it, will you get fined for tipping??, because sometimes i have a clear-out, and usually have a few bags of rubbish i have managed to gather in the kids bedroom, they wont fit in a my wheelie bin so they have to go beside it, but its been in the paper recently that people have been fined for not having bags in there bin!
Old 02-09-2007, 17:55   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
what i want to know is, if you put your wheelie bin out for collection and a few black bags beside it, will you get fined for tipping??, because sometimes i have a clear-out, and usually have a few bags of rubbish i have managed to gather in the kids bedroom, they wont fit in a my wheelie bin so they have to go beside it, but its been in the paper recently that people have been fined for not having bags in there bin!
I'm not being nosey...okay, I am, but what did you throw out of your children's bedrooms that wouldn't fit in the wheelie bin?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 18:04   #18
God Member

I live near woods and open fields so I am keen to keep the street lamps in working order. When one goes out the reponse has varied -sometimes took days - sometimes took weeks - and once they 'repaired' the wrong one despite me providing the lamp number and location description.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 18:05   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

a lot of junk garinda...old toys...etc, my wheelie is nearly full, and id rather have waste in there than old toys, so cats dont rip through em
Old 02-09-2007, 18:08   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
a lot of junk garinda...old toys...etc, my wheelie is nearly full, and id rather have waste in there than old toys, so cats dont rip through em
Charity shop!

Plus old clothes that aren't fit for the charity shop, can go in the recycling textiles sack.

Result..no fine because you don't need to put out your black sack.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 18:18   #21
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

believe me, even a tramp wont take half of this lot,.....not worth giving anyone!
Old 02-09-2007, 18:21   #22
God Member

Quote:
I thought you could get done if the lid on your wheelie bin was not closed, as crazy as it sounds I'm sure I heard it somewhere!!
Old 02-09-2007, 18:34   #23
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I thought you could get done if the lid on your wheelie bin was not closed, as crazy as it sounds I'm sure I heard it somewhere!!
iv heard that too, just bloody stupid, what do they expect us to do with excess rubbish, dump it!!??
whats gonna happen at xmas when we have twice the rubbish??
Old 02-09-2007, 18:40   #24
God Member

I phoned them 2 weeks ago to take a washer/dryer I was told 2-3 weeks they collected the next day, well a company who were going to use the parts did, I thought that was good service.
Old 02-09-2007, 18:46   #25
God Member

Quote:
iv heard that too, just bloody stupid, what do they expect us to do with excess rubbish, dump it!!??
whats gonna happen at xmas when we have twice the rubbish??
I agree it is stupid, it isn't to bad here at christmas as there is only the two of us but when my kids were young there was always loads of extra rubbish so I do know where you are coming from!!
Old 03-09-2007, 00:56   #26

I agree with what has been said about leaving back gate open for 2-3 weeks but as someone who has worked for the council i can tell you a way round this. When requesting collection tell them you have pets in the back yard and that they should knock on the front door so you can take the animals in before being able to look open the gate them. (I hope no one from the council reads this ill probably be sued for this lol).
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 17:42   #27

Thanks Speedy for that suggestion however if somebody was in the house all day the problem of security wouldn't be such an issue. My fear was leaving the backgate open for 2-3 weeks and both of us out at work

we seem to have digressed a little from the original thread of good or bad public services
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 23:03   #28

Some of them are alright but i reported the swinging harm on the main door they have been out to it three times and its broken a gain because the job was not done the first time ronnd.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..