Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2007, 15:58   #31
white rabbits

Re: council tax bill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

thatcher started all this with the poll tax!
Dont mention that womans name,,,, I hope she gets her come upence when she meets her maker.......
Old 19-03-2007, 17:21   #32
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

well just got my council tax bill today and its gone up a fiver a month
may seem nothing to some people, but it mounts up to me!!

I still think its a bloody rip-off!!
Old 19-03-2007, 17:26   #33
God Member

yeah mine arrived today, gone up £70 this year

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 19:59   #34
God Member

Yep, got mine too - I don't even look at them, they frighten me too much. It all just goes out with direct debit.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 20:03   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
yeah mine arrived today, gone up £70 this year
Posh people should pay more

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 20:06   #36
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
too right they should
Old 19-03-2007, 20:27   #37
Senior Member+

ive just got my council tax bill and im shocked at the amount that its gone up 5.7% tax band a at pennies under £1000,why does it go up so much for less services shocking
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 20:43   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
I agree but then I'm NOT posh!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 20:47   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I agree but then I'm NOT posh!!!!
Did I quote your post when I said it? - just checked, pure mistake
Was only saying if people are posh they should be made to pay more

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 20:49   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
ive just got my council tax bill and im shocked at the amount that its gone up 5.7% tax band a at pennies under £1000,why does it go up so much for less services shocking
Mines gone up £ 5 per month, but inflation has to be addressed in this world (e.g Fire/police services, you would not deny them wage increases, etc., would you ?) and don't think too bad.

We are one of the poorest boroughs around and money has to be got from somehwere. What services do you consider shocking Jackylex ?

I live on my own now, so get 25% discount, however, whilst I am not winging about this, there still should be further discounts for couples against 4 adults in the house. That's why I did liked the Poll tax; council tax was very unfair, I was paying as much as my neighbours who had 5 adults in one house.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 21:15   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Mines gone up £ 5 per month, but inflation has to be addressed in this world (e.g Fire/police services, you would not deny them wage increases, etc., would you ?) and don't think too bad.

We are one of the poorest boroughs around and money has to be got from somehwere. What services do you consider shocking Jackylex ?

I live on my own now, so get 25% discount, however, whilst I am not winging about this, there still should be further discounts for couples against 4 adults in the house. That's why I did liked the Poll tax; council tax was very unfair, I was paying as much as my neighbours who had 5 adults in one house.

i dont mind paying for the police/fire service in my council tax even though we havnt needed them here or in the village as far as i know, in fact i have only ever seen 1 police car in the village in 3 yrs and no fire crew,but no i dont mind paying for the service because you never know when you will need them, but as for the council the only thing i can see what we get is our bins and recycling taken away,i also live in a parish village that has to be paid for in our council tax,but im yet to find the church,we get a leaflet with our c/tax bill that tells you what they spend the money on and i can see that almost half goes on (other) thats not telling me anything,and as for a discount i havnt tried yet but i think i will try you never know
Old 19-03-2007, 21:24   #42
Resting in Peace

Are you saying you live on your own and don't get the 25% discount Jacky ? Children under 18 don't count, by the way.
Old 19-03-2007, 21:26   #43
Senior Member+

no ,me and hubby and 3 kids under 18,and i havnt got a discount do you think we would get one?
Old 19-03-2007, 21:38   #44
Senior Member+

do you only get a discount if there is only 1 over 18 in the home?
Old 19-03-2007, 21:47   #45
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackyalex View Post
no ,me and hubby and 3 kids under 18
Ok, so sorry, you will have to pay full whack .. was just my opinion that 2 adults as against 3/4 adults living in one house should have a further discount .. sort of sliding scale like.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..