Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 18:31   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Question council tax bill?

Has anyone recieved their council tax bill for this year?
its due in april and i have not got mine yet! ......its not though i cant wait for it, its just my luck not getting it and then they sending me threatning letters to pay up........or they gonna let me have a free year .....yeh right
Old 11-03-2007, 18:59   #2
Beacon of light

Re: council tax bill?

No Panther......forget it you aren't going to get a free year...we haven't got ours yet. now I've said that what's the betting that it lands with a thump on the door mat tomorrow?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 19:41   #3
Resident Waffler

Haven't got ours yet either.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 19:43   #4
God Member

They will be sending them out 30th March, they will arrive 31st and you have to pay full amount by 1st April or it's a summons
Old 12-03-2007, 01:14   #5
white rabbits

I Cant Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i Hate That Bill More Than Any
Old 12-03-2007, 01:32   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I Cant Wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i Hate That Bill More Than Any

aye another thing we have to thank teh tories for its a bloody disgrace what they get away with charging for a P poor service
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:24   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
aye another thing we have to thank teh tories for its a bloody disgrace what they get away with charging for a P poor service
Don't think you can just blame the tories, as the government in power Labour could abolish it if they so wish
Old 12-03-2007, 09:35   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They will be sending them out 30th March, they will arrive 31st and you have to pay full amount by 1st April or it's a summons
Remember something like this the other year.The bills were very late landing on doormats & some folk were getting warnings of non payment when they hadnt yet got the bill Needless to say i think it was the 1st time the council had used the postal service to send them out so they got the blame.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:07   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Bring back the Poll Tax.
What could be fairer than everybody paying the same?
Why should someone in a small house pay less than someone in a big house? They create the same amount of rubbish each, have roads and lights outside. Both can use public services like the library. Both are protected (allegedly) by the Police. Both get the same cover from Fire Service, NHS etc etc etc.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:15   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Bring back the Poll Tax.
Why should someone in a small house pay less than someone in a big house? They create the same amount of rubbish each, have roads and lights outside. Both can use public services like the library. Both are protected (allegedly) by the Police. Both get the same cover from Fire Service, NHS etc etc etc.

Noooo next you will be after Maggie Thatcher returning to power it didnt work then even worse than current system oh & filling up jails un necessarily - more on legal system .... it simply was not fair unless u was rich or had a great annual wage but many in this country dont!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 20:22   #11
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Bring back the Poll Tax.
NO COMMENT...
just going off to kick the cat,,,,,,,,(only joking )
Old 12-03-2007, 21:33   #12
Senior Member+

since when has fairness ever entered any government's head

as long as they get their overinflated salaries they continue to believe that we can all afford everything they can

so what appears to them to be a small amount to pay for the service that we don't get to you and me means an ever increasing overdraft constant loans and expanding credit card balances thus causing interest rates to rise due to increased spending thus in turn leading to an ever increasing overdraft constant loans and expanding credit card balances

hmmm i see a pattern emerging here

ahaa! taxation is the root of all evil it is therfore dangerous to you and the
people around you (otherwise known as passive taxation) and it must therefore be destroyed!

i hereby ban all people from paying taxes (and will use government money to employ undercover agents who will impose on the spot to anyone who is seen handing over money in their local taxation office).
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 22:48   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
it didnt work then even worse than current system .... it simply was not fair unless u was rich or had a great annual wage but many in this country dont!!
How can it not be fair for us all to pay the same for the same services?
Old 13-03-2007, 02:51   #14
I am Banned

everyone shoud pay the same all every govenment has ever done is screw everyone regardless of them been rich or poor , we get the bill for the egos of people like tony blair through higer taxes and higer council tax etc and they set the system up in such a way that it keeps the rich and poor argueing amongs themselves rather than realising whos fault it all is in teh first place
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2007, 06:27   #15
God Member

I would probably pay less if it was poll tax than the system we have now yet I don't believe the poll tax was anyting like fair. At the time I lived in a small terraced house with my mum and dad. Our rates were £180/year under the poll tax that same property was contributing nearly £1K. They didn't come to empty the bins 3x as ofeten and I'm sorry Neil but emptying a half full or full bin takes the same time/effort. likewise our street didn't suddenly get 3x as many street lights.

In honesty, we probably need as usual some form of compromise system. A basic 'charge per person' to cover stuff that you would be individually responsible for and a charge per property to cover ammenities provided to that property. In that way people with multiple household pay for all their properties and have a charge agaisnt what the themselves utilise.

Won't happen though, its too much like common sense

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..