Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2012, 17:30   #31
Resting In Peace

Re: Dabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Had to think about this for a while ... and then it clicked ... I do remember those things. We had one.
Well not bad for a semi-stoned old fart - think long enough and it appears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Anyone else remember pronouncing "peelings" as "pillings"; or is it just me (Or "I")
Err... no.
Old 15-11-2012, 17:31   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
No no no!!! Has to be a proper Lancashire potato peeler - the sort with string round the handle.
They are the only ones I can use
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 20:07   #33

Help, apart from Margaret's suggestion, I still don't remember what a dab is.
I've just read all the posts, am killing myself laughing as my husband asked me to translate your comments into Italian, I told him it's impossible and that it would be easier to translate some of Monty Pythons antics!!!
WHAT'S A DAB? WHAT's A DAB WHAT'S A DAB?????
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2012, 20:19   #34
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
I've just read all the posts, am killing myself laughing as my husband asked me to translate your comments into Italian, I told him it's impossible and that it would be easier to translate some of Monty Pythons antics!!!
It's even made it on to the menu of a posh restaurant = look towards the bottom of the main courses...

Earle By Simon Rimmer | À La Carte & Earle Classics Menu
Old 15-11-2012, 20:35   #35
God Member

Quote:
I think we can all agree with Margaret R's thick slice of potato (or "potatoe" if you are and American Veep) dipped in batter and fried ... that's what I remember too. Not surprised all this doesn't translate into Italian; doesn't translate too well into Quebecois French either Of course, there could be a Quebec version topped off with cheese curds and gravy ... Poutine a la dabois ... mmmm. Perhaps you could come up with an Italian version.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 01:06   #36
I am Banned

a dab,or dabs also slang for ones fingerprints or does no-one remember that, to put ones dabs all over the place.
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 03:56   #37
Senior Member+

and the little "flounders" we used to catch from Blackpool pier.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 08:05   #38
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
No no no!!! Has to be a proper Lancashire potato peeler - the sort with string round the handle.
Yes I have one of those, very handy for stirring my instant mash.
I bought the one I have just after I got wed' the wife couldn't use it because she was left handed, luckily I went to a stall at B'burn indoor market and got her a left handed peeler otherwise spud peeling might have turned into a permanent job for me.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 09:41   #39

Take a look at this, I think you lot knew all the time!!
Kush Magazine
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 09:52   #40
Senior Member+

Well it seems dans have gone up a lot in price then eh?

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2012, 11:47   #41
God Member

Quote:
Take a look at this, I think you lot knew all the time!!
Kush Magazine
Never heard of the term ... and I have been a devotee of tetrahydrocannabol for years ... or is that decades ... funny what's happened to my memory Round this neck of the woods, a paper with some oil on it is called an "oiler" ... but "dab" I haven't heard of. If it weren't for the fact that I'll be handling firearms later this am, I would do the "wake and bake" thing and give it some more thought. Maybe later.

But I do remember Brylcreem ... best way to get a good DA ... but I've yet to smoke it.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 20:20   #42

You can still get dabs now, you usually get them on a teacake with salt and vinegar on, if you went to a chinese chippy they'd look at you crazy, I think they are about £1, you get salt and vinegar on them. I can't eat all those carbs now, send me nuts and goes straight to the hips!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..