Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2009, 22:12   #1
Senior Member+

Death records?

Hiya, i was wonderin if anyone could tell me how to find out about deaths of people but they are old one, dont ask me how long i just need to find out about a few kids that aparently are ghosts in some peoples house and wanted to know who they were ?
Anyone knows?
Thanks
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2009, 22:32   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Death records?

think ya will probably need names n rough idea when yolanda, before owt else.
Old 24-11-2009, 22:34   #3
Senior Member+

Now this sounds interesting. I have heard of people saying they have "ghosts" e.g. one house in Adelaide Street, a house in Hodder Street. Come on, more info please! :-)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 22:59   #4
Senior Member+

Lots of visitors said we had a ghost in Plantation St but I never saw nowt.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 00:05   #5
white rabbits

Derek Acorah
search his web sites,,,that might help
Old 25-11-2009, 07:23   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
Derek Acorah
search his web sites,,,that might help

hahaha, he's a prize pratt granny
Old 25-11-2009, 07:39   #7
God Member

When your investigation is complete please report it here
The Paranormal Database - documenting paranormal stories and events throughout the UK and Ireland

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 08:10   #8
God Member

sorry for a bit of a thread wander ........
Remember during the 50s getting a 'new' big bed ......but typical of the Lancashire thrift ethos of the times 'waste not want not' ....it was the one my great grandad had died in the week before , never had any bad dreams about it or any of the terraced houses I have lived in where obviously the odds where someone had passed on ...as they say in Accy ..."its nowt to worry about"
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 08:54   #9
Senior Member+

Well this is it, i have only been in Church for 5 years so obviously i dont know much about it, i was thinking mebbe to go to the library? will they have newspapers cuts from 1900 onwards this girl aparently hunged herself or someone did in Canal Street Church and the other 2 ghosts of kids are in Lion St church.
So you reckon library is a good place to start search?
Old 26-11-2009, 21:15   #10
Senior Member+

Yep, library, especially Accrington, would be a good place to start. They do have the old newspapers indexed and Catherine should be on duty tomorrow, so she should be able to point you in the right direction (if not ask for John or Sue). As soon as you get a date you can then be shown how to use the microfiche and look at any relevant newspaper articles. Do you have any idea of actual date? Wouldnt raise your hopes on finding any info on the two young kids though.
There's a Lancashire Day Coffee Morning on at 10.30 in Accy Library on Fri, so I might see you there.
Old 26-11-2009, 21:37   #11
Senior Member+

Yeah will try to be there although it mite not be possible for me to come up cuz i have a baby and dont think she will be rather quite lol
Old 26-11-2009, 21:47   #12
Senior Member+

Hi, do you want me to have a nosey around for you in the library tomorrow? If so, tell me all you know and I will certainly ask for you.
Old 28-11-2009, 07:17   #13
Senior Member+

Hi, soz, hadnt much time to look for your "mystery" cos the room was busy cos of the Lancashire Day coffee morning. They DO have murders recorded on some old index cards (little brown drawers behind the main desk in the Local Studies Library) - I briefly looked through, but got the impression they DIDNT go back so far. (not certain though). There is a local gentleman called Stephen Greenhalgh (?) who has written books about murders in Accrington. Wonder if anyone on here knows of him. He just may have some knowledge which he gained during his research????

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..