Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 14:05   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Decent pubs in Accy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
I just aint outgoing. Does that make me miserable?

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
If your miserable just reverse things instead of not being outgoing start goingout
Old 07-07-2012, 14:19   #17
Senior Member+

Good advice.

Well. I have to admit my opinions on pubs is limited to my limited experience. Socially wise it is only in the last 3-5 years I have been able to enter a pub by myself.
Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2012, 16:27   #18

My local is the Victoria on Manchester Road. Since the landlord Monty(who is a character!) took it over a couple of years ago it has gone from strength to strength. Full of friendly people who make you very welcome at any time, entertainment in the evening and especially at weekend when it gets packed and apparently he keeps his beer in tip top condition. Pay it a visit and I'm sure you won't be disappointed - and I'm not on commission!
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:40   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
My local is the Victoria on Manchester Road. Since the landlord Monty(who is a character!) took it over a couple of years ago it has gone from strength to strength. Full of friendly people who make you very welcome at any time, entertainment in the evening and especially at weekend when it gets packed and apparently he keeps his beer in tip top condition. Pay it a visit and I'm sure you won't be disappointed - and I'm not on commission!
Used to be a watering hole I used nearly every night when I worked at Rileys bar fitters was a good pub in those days too Anne
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Used to be a watering hole I used nearly every night when I worked at Rileys bar fitters was a good pub in those days too Anne
Used ti pop in yon meself,when lived on Bamford, was a good pub back then.
Old 08-07-2012, 14:49   #21

The Plough in Oswaldtwistle is without doubt, one of the area's more upmarket pubs. Wonderful decor and furnishings, first class natural beers. Give it a try.
tonyalveston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 19:10   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalveston View Post
The Plough in Oswaldtwistle is without doubt, one of the area's more upmarket pubs. Wonderful decor and furnishings, first class natural beers. Give it a try.
Aint ventured in yon since just after Shucky n Joyce left, wasn't too impressed wi the new incumbents. But have to agree, tis a good pub if the right people run it.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:58   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aint ventured in yon since just after Shucky n Joyce left, wasn't too impressed wi the new incumbents. But have to agree, tis a good pub if the right people run it.
Funnily I was more of a Stop man miself cashy, plough was a bit too far up the flaming hill for me
Old 09-07-2012, 13:09   #24

They do very nice food in the Plough.
annesingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 14:12   #25
Senior Member+

The Stop was a cracking pub when Andy Nuttall ran it.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 17:48   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
The Stop was a cracking pub when Andy Nuttall ran it.
Good lad was Andy, another who died before his time, they had some good mine hosts there over the years when I first started frequenting the establishment Ron and Isobel Potts ran the place then Jim and Barbara Lucas who handed over to Andy and Irene, never been in since Andy left
Old 09-07-2012, 19:20   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Good lad was Andy, another who died before his time, they had some good mine hosts there over the years when I first started frequenting the establishment Ron and Isobel Potts ran the place then Jim and Barbara Lucas who handed over to Andy and Irene, never been in since Andy left
The Stop certainly was an excellent drinking establishment, as my old fella would agree, being a regular in the "deep end" from the late 40's to the late 70's. Think it may be a bit out of the way for the threadstarter, though, as he's a Fleetwood fan looking for somewhere to go for prematch drinks.
Old 09-07-2012, 19:27   #28
Senior Member+

Paul Foot ran the pub after Andy
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 19:45   #29
Senior Member+

Peel Park gets my vote, my local, nice people. I don't drink real ale but am told it's top notch there. Great quiz night on a thursday. I know the lads at the Park on Manchester Rd , no doubt it will be as good as their former pub The Black Horse but it's a bit too far for us to venture sadly.
Old 09-07-2012, 21:24   #30

I used to like the Abbey, not sure what it's like now I've not been in for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
phil8715 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..