Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2012, 08:53   #31

Re: Decent pubs in Accy

Abbey is great the landlord and landlady Mick n Lorraine are very friendly people as are the staff n people who drink there regularly very friendly pub which can be very busy at times worth a visit
kelsilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2014, 16:30   #32

If you enjoy real ale at competitive prices, friendly company, (as long as you make the effort to join in the conversation, without being obtrusive), then call into the Peel park.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 17:12   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
If you enjoy real ale at competitive prices, friendly company, (as long as you make the effort to join in the conversation, without being obtrusive), then call into the Peel park.
The food - pie & mushy peas and the sandwiches are excellent. They do cater for parties/funerals and that too is VG.

My favourite pub.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 22:56   #34
Senior Member+

where is the peel park located in relation to the train station?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 23:03   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Its up off Alice St Davo, facing were Stanleys old ground was.
Old 29-03-2014, 06:46   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
It's a 5mins (£3?) taxi ride away. If you walk out of the station in the side coming from Blackburn, walk down the street and there's a taxi office. I don't know about taxis if you come from Burnley, but I imagine there'll be some.
Old 29-03-2014, 07:12   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
The Peel Park - Accrington - My favourite pub.

You traitor! Wait till I tell the landlord of your LOCAL pub!
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 11:14   #38
Super Moderator

Davo, the Peel Park is well worth a visit for your prematch drink. Plenty of pics of Stanley at Peel Park in the games room. And as others have said, a crackin' pint.
Old 29-03-2014, 11:30   #39
Senior Member+

Too far to walk to the Crown ground from the PP - take a taxi. There is a pub - The Crown- at the ground, but it doesn't compare with the quality of the PP for the range of beers. The Crown serves meals, the PP just pie & peas, or sandwiches. When back in the town centre, there is a Wetherspoon's a short walk from the station, also the Railway Hotel very close.I cannot advise on these.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:50   #40
Senior Member+

Yesterday, acting on a recommendation, I had my dinner in the Park Inn. An extensive menu at very reasonable prices ( £6 main course). I had braised steak, mash & peas. - Excellent. I ate in the front room near the bar, though there are several rooms to choose from. I cannot fault it. There was only one hand pump - Thwaites' Wainwright - well kept. The wine came in small bottles and was excellent too. 3 main courses, one pint, three wines = £28
wadey likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..