Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2004, 12:35   #1
Junior Member+

declan

would any kind person please be able to help me, i am thinking of spending two weeks in Accrington with my family in late July, i am looking for a house or appartment to rent fully furnished, within the Accrington, Clayton-le-Moors Area, i am not looking for a BB but if any hotels do Rooms only rent we might consider this thanks for any information replied, i will check this board or i can be contacted on [email protected]
Old 12-02-2007, 11:45   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: declan

Hi Declan. Why ever would you want to visit Accy? Sorry I don't know of any fully furnished places to rent. Places to stay for tourists are a bit thin on the ground here.

Whereabouts in Ireland are you from?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 14:20   #3

It would probably be cheaper to use a B & B, not sure Accrington has facilities to rent on such a short term of 2 weeks, how about looking at caravan parks or holiday homes say in or near Blackpool, which is only 30 miles or so from Accrington
Kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 14:26   #4
I am Banned

You'll have a job Declan as rented accommodation is usually at minimum lease of 6 months, with a month rent or deposit upfront, then prey to private renting & doubt would lease at such short term as u require, i've not heard of any. Would be in your better interest to look for hotel or B&B hospitality.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 14:31   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Hi Declan. Why ever would you want to visit Accy? Sorry I don't know of any fully furnished places to rent. Places to stay for tourists are a bit thin on the ground here.
Willow if you don't know what Accrington has to offer visitors from far off lands may I suggest you go down to our local Tourist Board Office and ask there, I'm sure they will be happy to help and there must be something or we wouldn't waste the space or the expense of having one, would we?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 14:37   #6
Resident Waffler

Well there's the viaduct - I know that. We did used to have an interesting clock. We've got Haworth Art Gallery and the Coppice (sans panopticon - sorry Gayle.) and a well-known football team so I'm sure I'd come over from Ireland to spend a fortnight here too.

What about that Caravan site at Great Harwood?

Old 12-02-2007, 17:59   #7
Junior Member+

Thank you Willow for the information you gave, my family moved to Acccrington in 1960 and as a young child i was brought up there, went to St Anns school, and Holy Family Secondary modern ( now Mount Carmel) i moved to Ireland with my work in 2002 i go back at least twice a year to visit friends and look round the town and area, i live in the West of Ireland near Galway city, i love going back to Accrington, and the area, i never really appreciated it and its history fully till i had to leave, i am at home area and its only a half hour flight to Manchester from where i am here, quiet alot of people from Lancashire have moved here in past six years there is massive growth and jobs, so much so that my firm has had to go to other countries to get labour, Accrington and Lancashire has alot to offer, and as one poster said "that is why there is a tourist office in town" i do stay with friends when i go over, but sadly this year they are away i just wanted to know about accmodation in area, thank you for your suggestions
Old 12-02-2007, 18:07   #8
Resting in Peace

Would be interesting to know how big your family is Declan ? Travel lodges, like the one on the M65 (15 mins from Accy) give the best deal with family rooms, sleeping up to five sometimes and you only pay for the room.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 18:09   #9
Junior Member+

Thank you Kate, its only me at moment my brother cannot travel back this year, i will look up Travel lodges, thank you for taking the time to reply i appreciate it thank you
Old 12-02-2007, 18:24   #10
Len
God Member

I don’t know if it’s me but the first post that decan made in this thread was back in 2004.

Declan, has it taken you nearly three years to find somewhere to stay?

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 18:28   #11
Resident Waffler

How odd - it came up with the 'New Posts' and I never thought to look at the date!

Old 12-02-2007, 18:31   #12
Len
God Member

I think we’ve just entered the twilight zone again.

Old 12-02-2007, 18:34   #13
Resident Waffler

The best part is - he replied as if it was only a recent query too. ...........

Old 12-02-2007, 18:38   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
How odd - it came up with the 'New Posts' and I never thought to look at the date!
That is strange .. sure it's not you Willow and picked up on the thread again ... having said that Declan has replied today to it The magic of the Irish I guess. Maybe you can enter an old thread as a new thread, but not cancel off the date or summat like that ?

Trust Hawkeye Len to spot it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 18:39   #15
Len
God Member

Quote:
The best part is - he replied as if it was only a recent query too. ...........
Just goes to show how long people are prepare to wait for good advice from accyweb.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..