Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2008, 20:19   #1
Senior Member+

dinner,theatre and hotel in manchester - who and where ??

I am looking for some ideas and info on the following please folks..

I am thinking about a gift for someone who has helped me/mrs gg out a fair bit over the years, wont say who or why but they just have.
anyway, I have came up of the idea of packing them off to manchester for a saturday night/sunday morning thing which would include a classy meal and a show somewhere..dont know when though..
but I dont know where to begin..
I have thought about the malmaison as the hotel as they could have dinner and brekkie there but aint sure...if anyone has other ideas let me know on that..
and as for a show..well I dont know where to start on that one!
no idea who's on theatre wise/show wise in manchester so again if someone can supply some info then all the better..
cost isnt much of an issue just now , just fire some ideas at me.

thanks in advance
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-12-2008, 21:49   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: dinner,theatre and hotel in manchester - who and where ??

A few travel agents do that sort of stuff.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 21:54   #3
Resting in Peace

What a question GG .. sooo much in Manchester.

Only you know your friends and what they would be most comfortable with.
If money is no object, to me, the Midland will always be the best in luxury and experience, but, of course, the Lowry is now the utimate (slightly out of the way to theatres)... both top prices. Malmaison is excellent too.

The new City Inn on Piccadilly is new and modern look with good food and streamline services. Son went there Friday for a work's do, and said was fabulous. Can't beat the Hilton and can book an apartment there if you really want to treat them, but is it worth it for one night ?

These are the top five hotels if this is what you want.

As for the theatres/entertainment ... again only you know these people. Mostly pantomime stuff and children's programmes at the moment. 'Allo,Allo' is on at the Lowry .. that will give a smile to their faces at least.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 22:03   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
dinner,theatre and hotel in manchester - who and where ??
Thanks for the invite I'll come seen's as you're paying. (Could we make it some time in the New Year? My diary is a bit full until then).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 22:06   #5
Senior Member+

Dont you get those sort of deals in the back of the paper ?
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 22:09   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

There are so many shows coming to Manchester during the Spring and Summer seasons. The Palace and Opera House Theatre websites are a good place to start. I have the brochure for them at home and there's lots of fantastic stuff.

There are also loads of brilliant restaurants. One of our faves is Choice down on the canal side, classy menu, great food and wine and not too expensive.

Can't help with hotels as we always drive or get the last bus at weekends but I think it's a brilliant idea for a present..

If you want to see the theatre brochure, send me a PM and I'll arrange to get them to you.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 22:17   #7
Passed away 25-11-09

If this was my treat I would, definitely, go for the Lowry. With the hotel, theatre and gallery all on the same site you can't go wrong.
Old 14-12-2008, 22:19   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
If this was my treat I would, definitely, go for the Lowry. With the hotel, theatre and gallery all on the same site you can't go wrong.
subway and the halle for me lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 22:49   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
hadnt thought of the lowry...and I know one of the managers there too ! doh!...might have to make a couple of phone calls I think..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 23:23   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The hotel is not on the same site West Ender .. about a mile (?) away on Salford Quays .. but sure one of those lovely doormen in their suits of grey would organise a taxi for them.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 14:36   #11
God Member

The Malmaison was great for us and a bit cheaper than The Lowry (which is good for star spotting in the bar) when we stayed there Avril Lavigne was in the suite 4 doors down, Mc Fly and Shane Richie were drinking in the bar. Not much in the way of decent `shows` at the moment although we all went to see Mary Poppins at the weekend which was fantastic.....................
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..