Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2015, 12:26   #16

Re: Do you feel secure?

I have only had this call once, I strung them along until they got annoyed at me, swear and hang up (thats them).

I have always herd of problems with TT, never good news so would never touch them with a barge pole - or my computers & phone line.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2015, 06:26   #17
Full Member+

I have dealt with most of the big phone companies, on behalf of clients and I have had issues with them all. The biggest problem is getting to speak to someone who actually speaks my language and then getting them to understand the problem I am calling about. The operators are clearly reading from a script and if you deviate from what they are expecting you to say, it really throws them.

Ask them technical questions and when they realise it is not in their script, they will transfer you to someone higher in the food chain.

From the company's point of view, there must be a huge saving in taking your call centre abroad otherwise why else would you deliberately take steps to annoy all of your customers?

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 13:04   #18
God Member

i once had the displeasure of dealing with talktalk on behalf of a friend who was getting nowhere with them

i took over the conversation and told them that the router smelled of burning plastic so we put it in a bucket of water and could they please skip to the last page in their user handbook and send a new one

at this point my friend had been without internet for over 4 weeks and was been messed around with various excuses of which some were blaming her. I put the phone down and rang BT who took over the line and had her back on the internet within a week
Less and maxthecollie like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..