Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2022, 17:20   #16

Re: Do You Have A Daily Ritual?

[QUOTE=Less;1266730]Oh dear, thank goodness your questions are always easy to answer!

sss=, I absolutely and honestly do not know what( "sss", means, If this means "in your mind" that I am (Less) intelligent than you "think" that you are, then so be it.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2022, 18:34   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

[QUOTE=taddy;1266872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh dear, thank goodness your questions are always easy to answer!

sss=, I absolutely and honestly do not know what( "sss", means, If this means "in your mind" that I am (Less) intelligent than you "think" that you are, then so be it.
Really got the bit between your teeth now haven't you?

None of the above was my intention just answered in what would be for many, a fun way, that's all.
taddy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 23:07   #18
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

[QUOTE=taddy;1266872]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Steady away Tads, he's not knocking you, he merely meant that the answer was fairly straight forward. That said, I do believe Less also did military service & that being the case the common acronyms amongst the military community are shared knowledge, we often forget that your everyday "Civvie", isn't quite up to speed with our meanings / turn of phrase.
taddy likes this.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:14   #19

Sorry Dave – when I saw your morning ritual included ‘sss’ I didn’t think of it as meaning ‘sh, sh, and sh’ until I saw Less’s very funny pictorial explanation. Instead I thought it was another three-letter word beginning with ‘s’ but that you were being too much of a gentleman to spell it out. Enough said! (and Taddy, please don’t say you don’t know what that three-letter word beginning with ‘s’ is or Less might get all graphical again, and in this instance maybe it’s better he doesn’t…oops!).
taddy likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 02:50   #20

Taddy, stop thinking about your age, which is something you mention now and then, don’t let it worry you. I’m allowed to say that because I’m older than you, (now officially two fat ladies - in bingo lingo) but instead of worrying over something I can’t do anything about I am thankful I am still here. Many don’t make it this far. My morning ritual simply consists of waking up and getting on with things.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:42   #21

[QUOTE=Less;1266873]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post

Really got the bit between your teeth now haven't you?

None of the above was my intention just answered in what would be for many, a fun way, that's all.
Ok Less, I can appreciate that and I love the image, as for the first line of your comment I do not have as many toothy Peggie's as I used to have so I cannot bite as hard as I used to do as a youngster, stay safe, keep posting and we will entertain other Accy Webbers with our humour( or lack of it there of).
Old 06-06-2022, 10:48   #22

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1266874]
Quote:

Steady away Tads, he's not knocking you, he merely meant that the answer was fairly straight forward. That said, I do believe Less also did military service & that being the case the common acronyms amongst the military community are shared knowledge, we often forget that your everyday "Civvie", isn't quite up to speed with our meanings / turn of phrase.
Now then N.C.O. Williams,( I think that is the correct term), how could you possibly know that I have never been in the military?
Old 06-06-2022, 12:28   #23
Beacon of light

Because Taddy…if you had, you would know that the three esses….were Shave, shower and Shampoo(yes I know the third ess is to Shine….but with a t in place of the N.).
taddy likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 18:45   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Because Taddy…if you had, you would know that the three esses….were Shave, shower and Shampoo(yes I know the third ess is to Shine….but with a t in place of the N.).
Thanks for that Marge, as you know, I am always willing to learn new lessens about the English language.
Old 06-06-2022, 18:52   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Now then N.C.O. Williams,( I think that is the correct term), how could you possibly know that I have never been in the military?
NCO yes, L/Cpl by the grace of god & to get me to behave I had authority thrust upon me. As to your lack of service I, don't recall you mentioning any but your lad did Tankies was it?

Secondly my dear Watson, as Ma pointed out, you were unaware of one of the most basic of military acronyms . Now then, as further confirmation of your civvyness check out the list below, if you've no idea what I'm on about (without mr googlies help) you've not served.

Egg Banjo
PPPPPPP
NATO (Brew)
BAOR
Crabs
Gat
POETS
WIMP
Jack
Stand to
Stick man
Colour boy
TAB
KFS
Buckshee
Gash
End Ex
taddy likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 06-06-2022 at 18:56.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 07:27   #26

Thanks for that Dave, apart from the "Egg Banjo and the BAOR", I have no idea about the others but I will ask my lad the next time he visits, to answer your question, Yes he served in the First Royal Tank Regiment.
As for me not serving I shall have to put you right, I have served and am still serving as a distinguished officer in the First Foot in the Mouth Regiment stationed at the Peel Park Pub barracks. Stay Safe and stay happy, Taddy
Old 07-06-2022, 10:27   #27
Beacon of light

I have not served in the forces, but I think I know some of those.
Buckshee….is free and comes from the word Baksheesh a Persian word and it meant a bribe which I guess is something free.
The P’s…..proper planning prevents pish poor performance.
Crabs….genital pests…lice.
BAOR….British Army on the Rhine.
Egg Banjo….fried egg on a barm cake
POETS…push off early tomorrow’s Saturday
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:00   #28
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

It was NEVER Push off!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 14:57   #29
Beacon of light

Well, yes…I know, but I was trying to be refined….having let myself down in an earlier post.
Old 07-06-2022, 15:46   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have not served in the forces, but I think I know some of those.
Buckshee….is free and comes from the word Baksheesh a Persian word and it meant a bribe which I guess is something free.
The P’s…..proper planning prevents pish poor performance.
Crabs….genital pests…lice.
BAOR….British Army on the Rhine.
Egg Banjo….fried egg on a barm cake
POETS…push off early tomorrow’s Saturday
Oh well done that lass, that's a few (less), Questions that I need to ask my lad.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..