Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-07-2009, 09:13   #1
Senior Member+

does accy swimming baths..

have a shop in it?? i need one of those baby swimming seats today, dont want to walk down if they dont have one.. or does anyone know anywhere in accy that will sell them... not jjb they are £20 and argos doesnt have any in stock

thanks

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-07-2009, 09:16   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: does accy swimming baths..

It say nothing about it on site
Hyndburn Sports Centre - Welcome to Hyndburn Sports Centre
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 09:21   #3
God Member

they never used to, i know you can get swimming caps from a vending machine but i somehow dont think they would do the swimming seats in them....i havent a clue where else would sell them either....sorry Emma, my part in this thread is just useless lol
Old 29-07-2009, 09:23   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
they never used to, i know you can get swimming caps from a vending machine but i somehow dont think they would do the swimming seats in them....i havent a clue where else would sell them either....sorry Emma, my part in this thread is just useless lol

thanks

looks like i'll be getting her the jjb one then.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 29-07-2009, 09:27   #5
God Member

ring hyndburn baths up and ask them, might save you a lot of money if they do have them OR they might sell them at B & M, cant think of anywhere else that would
Old 29-07-2009, 09:37   #6
Senior Member+

I got the boys from boots (in burnley - not sure if accy will stock them)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 09:38   #7
Senior Member+

thanks em, i looked in there yesterday, couldnt see them wilkinsons dont have them either.

Old 29-07-2009, 09:39   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
thanks em, i looked in there yesterday, couldnt see them wilkinsons dont have them either.
Try ethels, b&m, home bargain and maybe even abbey street shopping centre. Its a walk round but guess its worth a try

Or maybe even the charity shops, i know thats where one of mine ended up
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 09:42   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Try ethels, b&m, home bargain and maybe even abbey street shopping centre. Its a walk round but guess its worth a try

Or maybe even the charity shops, i know thats where one of mine ended up
thanks

i looked every where but charity shops will go back into town today. gunna have to unpack the pram since it looks like rain

Old 29-07-2009, 10:53   #10

I got dumped in the middle of Accy baths by my stepmother with the thought i would swim, i can remember the lady's face who i clung too, clawing at her cossy, her screaming was louder than mine, "get him off me i'm going to drown" her feet flat on the bottom, a large lady with rubber flowers on her swim hat.
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 11:49   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Do the swimming baths not have a phone any more
Old 29-07-2009, 11:54   #12
Caz
God Member

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0705006/c_1/1|category_root|Sports+and+leisure|14419152/Trail/searchtext%3ESWIM.htm

How about this set in Argos Em?

OOps just realised she's not that old yet! Sorry!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 12:06   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Do the swimming baths not have a phone any more

yes they do... have you tried ringing them before? i wanted to have tys birthday party there last year but no one ever answered so i had it in haslingden instead.... i got through not long ago after ringing them all morning and no they dont have a shop.... wavelengths do so i might see if i can get one fetched over

Old 29-07-2009, 16:04   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

They do have vending machines with some swimming accessories in them though.
Old 29-07-2009, 16:33   #15
Senior Member+

i asked her if they sold them and she said no.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..