Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2012, 12:09   #1

Does anybody still use a CB radio?

I have just been into cash converters and they have an old Binatone CB radio for £59.95.

This radio is very likely to be over 20-30 years old.

yet they can still demand such a high price for it, when I asked I was told they had sold others for around £100 recently.

Who to? my recollection of CB is that it is a dead duck, no one uses it now because Facebook is can be used on their mobile phone.

Are any of you using CB radio still?

(Truckers might still.)

Last edited by RainbowSix; 28-11-2012 at 12:12.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2012, 12:37   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Does anybody still use a CB radio?

Sounds expensive that, I have seen them for a lot less on ebay.
Old 28-11-2012, 20:53   #3

not on it it myself but know quite a few people who are,and i believe there are get togethers which attract quite a lot of people
pallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 02:34   #4
God Member

if cash converters are telling you the truth then they have found a few mugs .Dont be one of them and get one elsewhere like ebay as others have said

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 18:03   #5

I would not buy one, I have several packed away in the cellar.

Just curious if they are still used.

As above, I thin they found a few mugs or were telling me porkies.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 13:46   #6
Senior Member+

I've just bought a midland Alan 42 multi with "magmount" (£25,don't ask why ),he even through in a couple of "old CB badges".
image.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 13:50   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

C.B. is just n outdated toy as far as i'm concerned, never had one,pointless nobody talks to me anyway.
Old 19-08-2014, 14:05   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
C.B. is just n outdated toy as far as i'm concerned, never had one,pointless nobody talks to me anyway.
Awwww poor c , it was one of them silly impulse buys, it'll probably get thrown in the garage with the rest of my junk after I've had a mess about with it

password--Accyweb
Old 19-08-2014, 14:09   #9
Junior Member+

I have 2 Roberts radios, both are CB and digital, one is internet as well.
Old 19-08-2014, 14:21   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I've just bought a midland Alan 42 multi with "magmount" (£25,don't ask why ),he even through in a couple of "old CB badges".
Attachment 43567
It's even legal in this country as well using almost all if not all the bands it can do. They have recently allowed the use of AM and even SSB in the UK to follow EU regs
Old 19-08-2014, 14:38   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
I have 2 Roberts radios, both are CB and digital, one is internet as well.
I'm a 'noob' to this CB malarkey....Do you use them? I hear, there use to be loads of folk on them but I've set mine up and I can't hear a thing except a loud hissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's even legal in this country as well using almost all if not all the bands it can do. They have recently allowed the use of AM and even SSB in the UK to follow EU regs
Sorry Neil, that's just gibberish to me, I've never used one before so all this AM,SSB code means nothing

I hear folk have "handles" is that just a oldskool term for a username?

password--Accyweb
Old 19-08-2014, 14:50   #12
God Member

i picked one up in a mixed lot a few montsh back but its one for inside the car and came with teh huge ariel that was attatched to trucks and cars in the 80s lol

they go for around 50 quid on ebay but i havnt had the inclination to list it yet or indeed hook it up to a battery and test it

at least i know tehres 1 person out there if it works

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 14:56   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

What make/model is it Jason? I sold one recently to someone I haven't seen in 20 odd years. Being a sad git I have a few knocking about and was about 50' of coax short of sticking an aerial on the house yesterday
Old 19-08-2014, 14:57   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i picked one up in a mixed lot a few montsh back but its one for inside the car and came with teh huge ariel that was attatched to trucks and cars in the 80s lol

they go for around 50 quid on ebay but i havnt had the inclination to list it yet or indeed hook it up to a battery and test it

at least i know tehres 1 person out there if it works
Still nothing as yet, I've managed to stop it hissing with the SQL button.
I also had a look on ebay and it looks like I'd be able to get my money back if I decide it's not for me.
If you do get it up and running , my "handle" is Jason

password--Accyweb
Old 19-08-2014, 15:01   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What make/model is it Jason? I sold one recently to someone I haven't seen in 20 odd years. Being a sad git I have a few knocking about and was about 50' of coax short of sticking an aerial on the house yesterday
It's a midland 42 Alan multi, please don't say I've got to put a areal on the roof to hear anything

I've managed to suss out how to stop it hissing and get it searching through the different channels, but still nothing as yet.....

....it's about 10 mins off going on EBay

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..