Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2010, 17:44   #1
God Member

does anyone have a picture

does anyone have a picture of the mosaic of a fishing trwaler that used to be on teh side of teh oild fish market down town

i was trying to explain to my lad what it was before it was smashed up and turned into those retarded pictures we now slip on

thanx for any help

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2010, 11:47   #2
Senior Member+

Re: does anyone have a picture

No sooner said than done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mosaic.jpg (33.7 KB, 49 views)
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2010, 11:50   #3
Senior Member+

For your lad, the full view of the fish market
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old fish market.jpg (38.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 23-01-2010, 12:05   #4
God Member

that was so often covered up by other traders standing infront of it that i'd forgotten it was there
Old 23-01-2010, 12:58   #5
God Member

the kids agree that it was a bloody waste to smash it up

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 23-01-2010, 13:23   #6
Senior Member+

i was trying to explain to my lad what it was before it was smashed up and turned into those retarded pictures we now slip on

I meant to ask accyman, what did you mean by the above statement? You could be learning me something here!
Old 23-01-2010, 15:11   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarah View Post

I meant to ask accyman, what did you mean by the above statement? You could be learning me something here!

on the pavement near wilkinsons there are mosaic tiles made by kids out of teh smashed up mosaic of teh trawler or so i was told they were made from and teh tiles do look teh same

now i know kids made them but lets be honest when your 5 year old comes home with a picture it drew you smile and say how good it is and even go as far to put ito the fridge but you dont for a second think it to be a master piece of art worthy for all to see

i just think the mural shoudl have been saved and relocated as unlike many other things teh council blow money on that mural of teh fishing trawler was a part of accrington

personaly i think teh whole outdoor market is a shambles and it shoudl have been left well alone as it was but i guess some contractor persuaded our council to build even more shops despite the ones we have already either been empty or charity shops

the old fashioned tobacco cabin i believe was also smashed up despite a few offers from people wanting to save it

its ok spending millions on the town center if its done right but as it is teh more that is spent the more our town center dies because it simply isnt done right

the arndale center alone is teh biggest disaster to ever hit our town then in second place is destroying the outdoor market

some pillock somewhere thinks we are a city like manchester and needs to realise we are a town and dont need the crap city's have like shopping centers and multi story carparking

Last edited by accyman; 23-01-2010 at 15:18.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..