Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2010, 10:44   #1

does anyone know a cheap place to get dog neuterd

hello im looking to get my dog neuterd wondering if anyone knows how much and were i cud get my male patterdale done at any help wuold be greatfull thankyou
02hudsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2010, 11:13   #2

Re: does anyone know a cheap place to get dog neuterd

A vet will do it for about £60. It may be less than that. It is cheaper to get a dog neutered than a bitch speyed. If you are on full benefits the vet will tell you where you can get it done just for a contribution.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 11:25   #3
Senior Member+

A pal of mine's dog needed an operation which cost over £250.00 and he is on partial housing benefit, the vet gave him a form to fill in and send off to PDSA, a week later they paid all the vet's bill. I just phoned him and he says the form is very easy to fill in and you just copy the Housing benefit award letter from the Council and the vet sends it all off.

The vet was the one near the Castle Pub and the tax office bottom of Whalley road. I don't know the name.

Maybe you don't need charity so I am sorry to suggest it.
Old 28-07-2010, 11:45   #4

im on benifit the rspca said 30 pound if i fill in a form and bring a letter is that a decent price to pay and thankyou for your replies
Old 28-07-2010, 13:00   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
The vet was the one near the Castle Pub and the tax office bottom of Whalley road. I don't know the name.
Mearley Veterinary Group
2 Kenyon St
Accrington
Lancashire
BB5 1BE
01254 231703

We use them , they are always very good.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2010, 18:07   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
Mearley Veterinary Group
2 Kenyon St
Accrington
Lancashire
BB5 1BE
01254 231703

We use them , they are always very good.
Yes that's the one he mentioned, no payment at all if you are on benefit. Mearley Veterinary Group do the job and send the bill to PDSA after you fill in the form.
The pal of mine has had two operations on his dogs and also one put to sleep.
PDSA paid in each case.
He tells me that if PDSA has a surgery near by they will do the job for free but if not they will pay the local vet.
Old 28-07-2010, 18:49   #7
God Member

I have a mate who does it cheap
Old 29-07-2010, 00:20   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Yes that's the one he mentioned, no payment at all if you are on benefit. Mearley Veterinary Group do the job and send the bill to PDSA after you fill in the form.
The pal of mine has had two operations on his dogs and also one put to sleep.
PDSA paid in each case.
He tells me that if PDSA has a surgery near by they will do the job for free but if not they will pay the local vet.

i rang them they said it would cost me 120 pound for my male dog
Old 29-07-2010, 07:41   #9

That sounds like a rip off to me, mine had a minor op and neutered at the same time and it cost me about that.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 07:49   #10
Resting in Peace

I had to have our cat put to sleep recently and i am on benefits i was told to get in-touch with the PDSA which i did they said the laws have changed and you must be within a certain distance of a PDSA center to be able to claim the nearest one to Accrington is Blackpool which is outside the area.
but the surgery which again was Mearley said if you contacted the RSPCA before you have the op done they will contribute to the op in the end i paid £50
to have the cat put to sleep
vets really know how to charge £15 for the consultation and £35 for injection i was only in there 5 Min's

Last edited by Mick; 29-07-2010 at 07:52.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 08:18   #11
JFT96

Well, why don't you sell a PSP, PC, mobile phone etc, I am sure that will help towards the £120.00 it will cost, you seem to have enough.

I don't wish to sound harsh, but have you thought this through, You get a working Terrier, you are on benefits, pets cost money. While I think it is right to get your dog neutered, I can only wonder at your logic in the first place?

I have had a Dog, German Shepard, and currently two cats, they all cost the earth, but then that's the price of animals.

To be fair £120.00 sounds the going rate for a vet these days, they have to make a living as well.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 09:22   #12
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Well, why don't you sell a PSP, PC, mobile phone etc, I am sure that will help towards the £120.00 it will cost, you seem to have enough.

I don't wish to sound harsh, but have you thought this through, You get a working Terrier, you are on benefits, pets cost money. While I think it is right to get your dog neutered, I can only wonder at your logic in the first place?

Perhaps he sold all those to buy the dog in the first place? Those little growlers don't come cheap!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 09:34   #13
JFT96

Ouch just googled the dogs, you are right Less, lots of dosh.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 14:24   #14
God Member

For what it's worth I reckon if someone on benefits can afford over £100 for a pedigree dog he can afford to have it neutered. If not he shouldn't have bought it.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 15:17   #15
God Member

oi 02, i'll pay for the dog to be neutered if you get done at the same time
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..