Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2012, 13:56   #1
Senior Member+

Does anyone remember Snowy?

Back in early to mid 70's there was a bloke who's nick name was Snowy. Aged about 30ish and he had an alsation and he used to hang around with minors in the Ardenhall area and other areas - he also used to buy alcohol for us as a gang - anyone remember him? Got any details on him. Cheers
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2012, 13:58   #2
God Member

Re: Does anyone remember Snowy?

yep i remember him well, he used to live on Warwick street near Dill Hall Lane, he works in a charity shop in town, or he did about 12 months ago when i last saw him

he still owns an alsation...not the original one though
Old 16-05-2012, 13:58   #3

yep i remember him, he used to be around the milnshaw park area. still see him about now.
Old 16-05-2012, 14:25   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Back in early to mid 70's there was a bloke who's nick name was Snowy. Aged about 30ish and he had an alsation and he used to hang around with minors in the Ardenhall area and other areas - he also used to buy alcohol for us as a gang - anyone remember him? Got any details on him. Cheers
If he is the same man I knew, then he worked at H & B's as a draightsman. Met him again years later when he joined the Model Engineering group at Sandy Lane College. He must be a fair age now if he's still alive.
Relaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 14:32   #5
Rest in Peace

I could mention Dick Barton Special Agent but not many on here will remember that radio program. There I go I am being silly now.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 21:28   #6

i remember him. Thought he lived round woodnook area. Havent seen him about for long while but he still had an alsation when i did seehim last. Think was manchester rd area. He'd be 50's now.
Any one remember chap called bernard? Saw him on hyndburn rd this w'end. He must be imortal he's been around that long. Never looks any older.
I also remember a chap who used to hang round bus station (died many years ago). He used to wear long woollen army coat, had alarm clock on piece of string in his pocket and a bandana across his chest of coloured felt tips in rainbow order. The things u remember as a kid !!
Old 17-05-2012, 02:39   #7
Senior Member+

we had a cat called snowy when i was bout 6 years old (1984)
Old 18-05-2012, 18:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty mears View Post
i remember him. Thought he lived round woodnook area. Havent seen him about for long while but he still had an alsation when i did seehim last. Think was manchester rd area. He'd be 50's now.
Any one remember chap called bernard? Saw him on hyndburn rd this w'end. He must be imortal he's been around that long. Never looks any older.
I also remember a chap who used to hang round bus station (died many years ago). He used to wear long woollen army coat, had alarm clock on piece of string in his pocket and a bandana across his chest of coloured felt tips in rainbow order. The things u remember as a kid !!
I just about remember the chap with the felt tips. Was he from Rising Bridge or am I thinking of someone else?
I also remember Bernard, (the one I remember always wore a flat cap), see him quite a lot.
shell220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 18:49   #9
God Member

Snowy's definately still alive, saw him in Poundworld today
Old 18-05-2012, 19:13   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonx View Post
I could mention Dick Barton Special Agent but not many on here will remember that radio program. There I go I am being silly now.

I remember Dick Barton and Snowy, was there a Jock in the radio series as well.
Old 18-05-2012, 20:59   #11

snowy is still around, i see him most weeks, don't see him with dog though...
Old 18-05-2012, 21:26   #12
God Member

The words 'no sh.. Sherlock' spring to mind, i said i'd seen him today
Old 18-05-2012, 23:35   #13
Senior Member+

When I was about 5 or 6 years old we had a cat called snowy....
Old 19-05-2012, 09:06   #14
God Member

Yes Restless, you already said
Old 19-05-2012, 09:25   #15

I remember a lad called snowy ( due to his very light hair) quite a tall lad who used to hang around Accrington. I seem to remember he went to either Accy grammar or St. Christopher's. He would be in his earlier sixties now
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..