Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 10:54   #1
Resident Waffler

Dr. Who/Torchwood/Captain Jack

This is/are a question (or three) for those who watch Dr. Who and Torchwood.

I think I must have been distracted during the Dr. Who episode where Captain Jack Harkness showed up. )It happens a lot when somebody wanders into the room and stands in front of the TV. ) Is he human? If not, what is he? I seem to remember him absorbing some sort of life force which would explain how come in Torchwood he doesn't die but where did he originally come from? At the end of Torchwood last night there were Tardis-y noises so I'm assuming he was whipped away by the doctor but would that have been when he appeared in Dr. Who? In which case he wouldn't already have his regenerative properties. Or does he show up twice in Dr. Who with a gap between and I missed one?

He (the character) was very daring, dancing with and passionately kissing the real Jack Harkness in a crowded dance hall in the 1940s - or at least the real Jack was because that would certainly have been shocking in those days wouldn't it? Is that the end of Torchwood now he's gone? Was he there from the start when Queen Vic set it up? Did Queen Vic know he wasn't quite human?

See, I told you I get distracted and miss bits. I really should record these things.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2007, 11:26   #2
God Member

Re: Dr. Who/Torchwood/Captain Jack

i dont know about any of that but i know the bloke who plays him is gay and has just got married
Old 04-01-2007, 11:30   #3
Senior Member+

Have a Looky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Harkness#Doctor_Who

Might Help seems to be a lot of info, to much for me to read.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:52   #4
Resident Waffler

Thanks Mr. D. That answers most of my questions. All I'm left wondering now is who Jack really is and when he belongs. He is human, but can't see anything about when he was born or what he was called before he adopted the name of Jack Harkness.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:55   #5
Senior Member+

Thank god you found that Mr D. I really didn't want to start explaining it all. The only thing I will add is that The Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) & Rose left him on The Gamestation, in the episode Bad Wolf (the episode where they are in Big Brother & The Weakest Link) It hasn't yet been explained how he got back to Earth (for Torchwood). Maybe he did meet Queen Victoria when she started up Torchwood, as he is a time traveller???? I'm sure we'll find out at some point though. He is supposed to be making an appearance in the new series of Dr Who though.

It does say he's from the 51st Century.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 11:57   #6
God Member

anyone know when the new series of dr who is coming on ?
Old 04-01-2007, 11:59   #7
Resident Waffler

In Torchwood he seems to BE Torchwood. I mean he is very clearly the leader and has knowledge above and beyond the others, which makes it hard to imagine him as a recruit to an already existing Torchwood at some point in history when Queen Victoria created it.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:02   #8
God Member

Its Only Fiction Its Not Real
Old 04-01-2007, 12:04   #9
Senior Member+

Well it shows Queen Victoria coming up with the idea and the name in the episode "Tooth & Claw" maybe he set it up with her shortly after that episode??
Old 04-01-2007, 12:04   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Yeah, but its bloody good fiction.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:05   #11
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Yes but to be credible it has to have continuity.

Old 04-01-2007, 12:06   #12
God Member

well obviously, but they need that in a series dont they otherwise it would ****** up a bit wouldnt it
Old 04-01-2007, 12:07   #13
Resident Waffler

Exactly

Old 04-01-2007, 13:08   #14
I am Banned

Ask Tinks about captain jack harkness - she's the expert LOL
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 13:40   #15
God Member

He is Dr Who's long lost son. Watching the episode last night the whatever the beast drew out of him was erriely like what happened to Rose when she opened the heart of the tardis and the Dr had to retrieve it prior to his reincarnation. Think it was in a battle against the Kaleds.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..