Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-10-2009, 18:31   #61

Re: DYKE NOOK, Whalley Road, Accrington

hi just read your message yes I think you must be correct my husband David does have a brother named Terry fathers name Albert we knew he remarried but the name Jackson is cunfusing us, any more info I can be contacted at [email protected]

Margaret (RIGG)
mmbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2009, 18:09   #62

Who actually owns or lives in Dyke Nook now? does anyone know?
AngleIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 18:30   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbr View Post
My husband and myself now live in Dyke Nook Lodge any info regarding the history would be very interesting for us if it is no trouble to you, e-mail [email protected]

Thank You
Margaret Rigg
There is your answer at post#60

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 19:29   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbr View Post
hi just read your message yes I think you must be correct my husband David does have a brother named Terry fathers name Albert we knew he remarried but the name Jackson is cunfusing us, any more info I can be contacted at [email protected]

Margaret (RIGG)
Remember these brothers Margaret. Was one blonde with blue eyes (David); one dark with brown eyes (Terry) ? Chalk and cheese. If so, Terry was the first date that I sat on the back row of the Odeon with when I was about 13 ? Didn't work out though .. LOL.

Have been in Dyke Nook myself.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 19:34   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutinousMuse2 View Post
I lived at Dyke Nook from 1969 until 1977 ... my parents were Residential Social Workers for LCC and worked there until 1987 (?) when they retired.

I believe it was purchased from William Cocker in 1965 and I too have a copy of the sale information without an exact date.

I would love to have seen the house as a private residence. It had beautiful carved fireplaces, oak panelled walls and mullioned windows like the ones in Howarth Art Gallery, and even in the 1980's held echoes of its previous owners.

It was indeed a privelage to live there for a while. Nice to hear of the house again, and hopefully soon someone will restore it to its former glory.
hello i too lived in this house around the same time,i was sent there to spend some time there,due to the big family we had
anthony barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2010, 17:39   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Remember these brothers Margaret. Was one blonde with blue eyes (David); one dark with brown eyes (Terry) ? Chalk and cheese. If so, Terry was the first date that I sat on the back row of the Odeon with when I was about 13 ? Didn't work out though .. LOL.

I remember Terry and David Rigg..and yes David was tall and blonde, ...I just can't remember why I know them.. I also remember Keith Biddulph who worked at a butchers in Abbey Street just top of little Blackburn road....and also Ian Ridge...he helped out at Whitewell caterers, when I was there. also David Dimambro worked at Schofields Bakery..
amazing what names come back when memory is triggered!!
AccyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2010, 19:49   #67
God Member

Quote:

Terry is married to a friend of mine Kate
Old 24-04-2010, 21:11   #68

Just read all through the threads..and find this fascinating...
I am learning so much about Accrington through this website......many thanks
Old 25-04-2010, 12:08   #69
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Terry is married to a friend of mine Kate
Amazing how we all link up on here in some way..
Have been doing some family ancestry for a friend and, coincidentally, her cousin married Terry and David's uncle. Met her recently, she has a wonderful memory and filled me in on some of the history of this family. She didn't know about Dyke Nook though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyGirl View Post
I remember Terry and David Rigg..and yes David was tall and blonde, ...I just can't remember why I know them.. I also remember Keith Biddulph who worked at a butchers in Abbey Street just top of little Blackburn road....and also Ian Ridge...he helped out at Whitewell caterers, when I was there. also David Dimambro worked at Schofields Bakery..
amazing what names come back when memory is triggered!!
Knew Keith Biddulph well when I was a teenager .. a lovely gentle giant. Heck, also David Dimambro .. now living in Spain, but know his family well.
Old 25-04-2010, 12:22   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was david "Lewies" son?
Old 25-04-2010, 12:27   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was david "Lewies" son?
Yes, pretty sure that was his dad's name Cashy. Can find out for def. though.
Old 25-04-2010, 14:13   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yes, pretty sure that was his dad's name Cashy. Can find out for def. though.
yep thought so, was brought up on one of them streets off meadow st, forget the name, knew his mam n dad, good folk.
Old 24-07-2010, 20:31   #73

Hi I'm David Dimambro's oldest daughter. just read your post, did you work with my dad?
tracyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2010, 21:20   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann View Post
Hi I'm David Dimambro's oldest daughter. just read your post, did you work with my dad?

Haha .. hiya Tracy me love ... 'tis Susie's mum ... lovely to see you ...xxx

Carry on with the thread everyone..
Old 02-08-2010, 17:15   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann View Post
Hi..yes, I worked with your Dad...at Schofield's Bakery 1960 to 1963....
I remember when he got married, and the house he moved into....
Great to catch up ......xx

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..