Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2007, 16:33   #1
Yank in King Art's Court!

Ebay, am I only one never to have Used?

All this talk of using Ebay, am I the only one never to have used on of these buy/sell sites? What is the best deal that you have received by either buying or selling or bidding on something?

I guess I've always been to untrusting to spend much time on these type of sites. Thanks for any information!

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2007, 16:46   #2
God Member

Re: Ebay, am I only one never to have Used?

I like a lot of older music that record shops round here don't stock at all, so eBay is very good for that as someone somewhere is bound to have what you're after! It's usually very cheap aswell. I can get the majority of the CD's I buy for around a fiver including P&P.
Mind you, I tend to buy the majority of my music from the internet since the only music store for miles shut up shop.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 16:48   #3
Senior Member+

Have used E-bay on and off for over 7 years and only once had a deal go wrong.

I've bought and sold on there, but the best deals were when I bought some books from a discount bookshop for 99p each, then sold them for between £10 and £12 each on E-bay. Lubberly jubberly.
Old 28-07-2007, 17:46   #4
Senior Member+

bought two cars for £150 sold them both for around £300

+ 1 came with a trailer we sold for £100
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 17:51   #5
Senior Member+

I bought a phone, put a new case and sold it for doble money
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 17:57   #6
Yank in King Art's Court!

May be quite the stupid question but are all these buys you made ones that you had the winning bid on? Or is there part of Ebay that is just straight selling, without having to be the highest bidder?

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 18:07   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee View Post
May be quite the stupid question but are all these buys you made ones that you had the winning bid on? Or is there part of Ebay that is just straight selling, without having to be the highest bidder?
Some items have a 'Buy It Now' option, so you don't have to bid auction style, but you may pay more for the fixed price.
Old 28-07-2007, 19:45   #8
Beacon of light

I have never participated in an E-bay auction either......though i have to admit I have looked at things on there that are for sale...I haven't been tempted.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 19:59   #9

Ive never used it i have look,t on it but i would still like it better on accy web it one of the best site,s to be on.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2007, 22:18   #10

ebay i love
Old 28-07-2007, 23:55   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

have bought some "rare" rocknroll" cds on it, Terry Dene being one, courtesy of janet telling me,dont go on much, but if i'm after music i cant get elsewhere i have a sneck.
Old 29-07-2007, 00:23   #12
God Member

I've allways been a bit wary of using it because of the sales Tax (US States) or VAT liabilities in the UK and Europe
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 02:04   #13
God Member

I use Ebay a lot (feedback score 199) I have sold a handful of things but mainly buy and sometimes snipe (using Justsnipe to bid in last few seconds)
I bought a paper shredder early last year and on opening the box there was no shredder, just 4 wrapped christmas presents. I wrote to the seller to say 'so you thought you got a shredder from your mum and dad - you didnt' - I got a refund and they got their xmas presents in February

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 06:56   #14
God Member

I use it fairly often. Each year I get a new free phone with my contract so pack the old one back up in its box (which I save with all the gubbings) and sell it on ebay as used. I sold a lot of vinyl records on there and a few other bits and pieces.

I've also bought a couple of things - it's great if you want something a bit odd and can't think where to go to buy it - especially props for plays.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2007, 07:18   #15
God Member

great for kids designers clothes, we buy and sell, i use it a lot and the wife is never off it!!!!
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..