Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2008, 15:36   #1
Junior Member+

Emergency Dentist

I have been suffering with toothache since 11pm on Sunday, just rung NHS and they have given me an emergency appointment at 8.45pm today at the new dentist site on church st, accrington........has anyone been and if so what are the waiting times like cos the lady said i could be waiting a while.
NickyMumOf4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-05-2008, 15:40   #2
God Member

Re: Emergency Dentist

No sorry, never been there!! but at least you know the end of the pain is near!! Nowt worse that tooth ache and ear ache

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 15:43   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Is that the one next to accrington pals?

its instead of the one in accy vic innit?

remember going to the one in accy vic and the dentist looked like he just couldnt be botherered....hope ya get it sorted, like slinky states its a horrid pain, i know what ya feeling
Old 27-05-2008, 16:13   #4
God Member

I went to Accy Vic dentists 3 times
The same staff are now at the new centre
Treatment was excellent - less painful than my Denplan dentist was.
I needed them when my own dentist was on holiday (bank holidays)
I once had to wait over 2 hours but the other times I was treated within an hour.

Last edited by MargaretR; 27-05-2008 at 16:22.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 16:51   #5
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Emergency Dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyMumOf4 View Post
I have been suffering with toothache since 11pm on Sunday, just rung NHS and they have given me an emergency appointment at 8.45pm today at the new dentist site on church st, accrington........has anyone been and if so what are the waiting times like cos the lady said i could be waiting a while.
Yup! I was there a few weeks ago with an abscess.

My appointment was for 7:30pm. I had to fill in a variety of forms, which among other things wanted to know my medical history – operations, illnesses, what medication I was taking and most important if I was entitled to free treatment. If you are entitled to free treatment you need to take along some proof.

However it was 9:30pm before I left.
Old 27-05-2008, 16:53   #6
g78

Do you mean Oak House? The one behind the new health centre? If so I have just been myself last week. It wasn't an emergency appointment, but the staff were really friendly and didn't have to wait long.
It is also a training centre for students - think they are there on Thursdays and Fridays, so they tend to do any work on clients if you go on those days (that is if you agree to having them practice on you of course).
Old 27-05-2008, 17:08   #7
God Member

Haven't been for emergency but have just got our family registered there and the staff were really nice, my daughter has her appointment tomorra
Old 27-05-2008, 17:13   #8
Senior Member+

Ive just got the boys and myself registered at that new practice, have my appointment next monday. Hope its alright...........
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 17:22   #9
g78

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
Ive just got the boys and myself registered at that new practice, have my appointment next monday. Hope its alright...........
It is fine, bit bare and still has that 'new' feel to it, but like I said earlier the staff (both on reception and the dentists) were all really nice and helpful, and explained everything through with me.

If the students do any treatment on you then it does tend to take a bit longer, but this is because they are still learning and have to be observed.
The only thing I will say though, is that the room they all practice in (students that is, there are single dental rooms), is a big open one with about 8 dental chairs in it, and lots of students and qualified dentists milling around. That means you can hear the drills etc of all the work going on around you, so if you have a real fear of dentists it could be a bit overwhelming.
Old 27-05-2008, 19:11   #10
Senior Member+

is this new place free to register for nhs folk like me ? if so has anyone got a number ?

thanks
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 19:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78 View Post
It is fine, bit bare and still has that 'new' feel to it, but like I said earlier the staff (both on reception and the dentists) were all really nice and helpful, and explained everything through with me.

If the students do any treatment on you then it does tend to take a bit longer, but this is because they are still learning and have to be observed.
The only thing I will say though, is that the room they all practice in (students that is, there are single dental rooms), is a big open one with about 8 dental chairs in it, and lots of students and qualified dentists milling around. That means you can hear the drills etc of all the work going on around you, so if you have a real fear of dentists it could be a bit overwhelming.
OMG I just couldnt
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 19:46   #12
mez
God Member

i use these dentist's they are ok , got to have a filling on monday next week.

g/g this is the number of the oakhouse dentists 01254 282600. hope you can get in there.
Old 27-05-2008, 19:50   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
is this new place free to register for nhs folk like me ? if so has anyone got a number ?

thanks
I got in there through registering with NHS direct, id give them a call if I was you (Tel 0845 46 47)
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 19:55   #14

It’s outlandish the lengths you have to go to in order to register with an NHS dentist. It sounds like 1908 rather than 2008.
Old 27-05-2008, 19:58   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy View Post
I got in there through registering with NHS direct, id give them a call if I was you (Tel 0845 46 47)
I made that call a year ago..........still waiting

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..