Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2008, 09:37   #121
God Member

Re: Facebook

lol when i first went on facebook i was on as florence nightingale for about 12 months, till the admin realised that that wasnt my real name i got an email from them saying 'your account with us is now closed because this is not your real name'

and my reply to that was....

no sh!t
Old 23-01-2008, 09:47   #122
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol when i first went on facebook i was on as florence nightingale for about 12 months, till the admin realised that that wasnt my real name i got an email from them saying 'your account with us is now closed because this is not your real name'

and my reply to that was....

no sh!t
Isn't that a little unfair to tell you that isnt your name? You couldve changed it to that legally for all they know, or even been born with it if your parents had a strange sense of humour. Some parents do these things!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 09:48   #123
God Member

lol i think i was reported
Old 23-01-2008, 09:48   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
i couldnt anyway,(have a look), im not registered.
I know i noticed that.
Old 23-01-2008, 13:33   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i hate bebo and myspaz, facebook is better
I cant get into bebo, i have joined up but cant get in. Have you tried Hi 5 flashy?
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 13:37   #126
God Member

nah ive not tried that jack, infact ive never heard of it
Old 23-01-2008, 20:13   #127
I am Banned

I know it common sense but dont display your date of birth ! people i know have had problems with credit cards - ie purchases they have not made

before going on face book - no problem
after joining facebook and displaying full DOB - at least four of my freinds have had problems and one is investigating...coincidence ?

( and i promise ..........it ISNT an urban legend lol i do actually know them )
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 20:50   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
I know it common sense but dont display your date of birth ! people i know have had problems with credit cards - ie purchases they have not made

before going on face book - no problem
after joining facebook and displaying full DOB - at least four of my freinds have had problems and one is investigating...coincidence ?

( and i promise ..........it ISNT an urban legend lol i do actually know them )
Dont alot of people show their d.o.b on here too? Not hard to find out peoples details without the use of facebook. Surely the problem of facebook can be solved by making your profile only viewable to people on your friends list?

You could probably get someone elses birth certificate in blackburn without any problem. I went in and I only had to fill out a form with the names of biological parents and the hospital and I wasnt asked for ID or anything.
Old 23-01-2008, 20:55   #129
God Member

I love facebook
I,ve only been with it a few weeks but finding it more and more facsinating.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 20:56   #130

Facebook is awful. I dont know how to use the dam thing, and it annoys me that everyone else in the world persists in using it! :@ I get emails every day saying 'someone sent me a shot' 'someone had sex with me' 'someone married me on facebook'.. WTF?!
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 20:59   #131
God Member

lol ive just found you and added you mel
Old 23-01-2008, 21:00   #132
God Member

ok flashy ty hun .
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 21:57   #133

need help with face book get in contact with me and ill pass you on to a expert my wife shes allways on the bloody thing it takes over everthing and i mean everthing lol
orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 22:03   #134
I am Banned

Wink Re: Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Dont alot of people show their d.o.b on here too? Not hard to find out peoples details without the use of facebook. Surely the problem of facebook can be solved by making your profile only viewable to people on your friends list?

You could probably get someone elses birth certificate in blackburn without any problem. I went in and I only had to fill out a form with the names of biological parents and the hospital and I wasnt asked for ID or anything.
do you ever reply to a post with something that isnt negative?
1. you dont have to use your real name on here
2. i wasnt talking about identity theft in general
3. the worst crimes are usually comitted by people we know well
4. if you dont put your dob on there it is one risk less

i know that identity theft can be commited many ways - but i am not going to list them all because that is not what the thread is about- i have never known anybody with problems with credit cards - now i know 4 maybe five and all had joined facebook at the time of these transactions happening - which would suggest that someone who is within one of their freinds lists somewhere is actually commiting the crime - as they all knwo each other so your suggestion about friends viewing only doesnt really work .

blazey hun lighten up - you may start to enjoy life
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2008, 08:11   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
do you ever reply to a post with something that isnt negative?
1. you dont have to use your real name on here
2. i wasnt talking about identity theft in general
3. the worst crimes are usually comitted by people we know well
4. if you dont put your dob on there it is one risk less

i know that identity theft can be commited many ways - but i am not going to list them all because that is not what the thread is about- i have never known anybody with problems with credit cards - now i know 4 maybe five and all had joined facebook at the time of these transactions happening - which would suggest that someone who is within one of their freinds lists somewhere is actually commiting the crime - as they all knwo each other so your suggestion about friends viewing only doesnt really work .

blazey hun lighten up - you may start to enjoy life
Ah well I pick my friends more carefully and I LOVE life thanks very much. Nothing better than the student life

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..