Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2007, 18:30   #1

Facebook

This might sound like a daft question, but how do you work facebook? Today at work, collegues was on about facebook saying i should go on it they think it's great. Been on it but can't find anywhere on it what you are meant to do. Thanks.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2007, 18:37   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Facebook

Don't know how it works, but heard yesterday Microsoft bought a 1.6% stake in the company...for $240 million.

The guy who started it three years ago is still only twenty three.

How I wish I'd been a nerd, instead of an arty farty student.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 19:50   #3
God Member

i love facebook, its fun, you basically take the mick outta your friends on it
Old 26-10-2007, 20:07   #4

Dont worry sara your not on your own. I dont see the attraction either. I joined up and it seemed very basic to me. Lost interest very quickly.
Old 26-10-2007, 20:16   #5
God Member

ignore the narrow minded person in the corner sara, its good
Old 26-10-2007, 20:17   #6

Facebook is beyond me I must admit. I just dont see the point of it.
Old 26-10-2007, 20:20   #7

I once asked someone what it was all about, asked someone at work if it was like Myspace this person said `something to that effect' they said. like a social net workinging site kind of thing.

You need to open an account to use it as far as i can make out anyway.

James1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 20:35   #8

Im narrow minded because i didnt think it was that much? Its called having your own opinion shaz thats all. You like it i dont simple.
Old 26-10-2007, 20:39   #9
God Member

you two fallen out then?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 20:54   #10

I dont know lol
Old 26-10-2007, 21:55   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i love facebook, its fun, you basically take the mick outta your friends on it
didnt know you were on it?
jackyalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 22:04   #12
God Member

yeah ive been on it for ages jacky
Old 27-10-2007, 10:48   #13
Len
God Member

I’ve been playing with it over the last couple of weeks and I have found it slightly interesting.
There are many groups on there, groups that face book members have created and typically there is a lot of silliness but I found one group that was of interest to me because its about a particular overseas high school that I once attended many years ago and as result I have been able to chat and ask questions as to how things are going theses days.

If your interested in a particular area or subject then do a search and see what comes up and if there’s nothing then you can create that subject yourself and see what happens.

Once you have created a group you automatically become that group’s administrator and it is your responsibility to keep the group in check.

As I say though, there is a lot of silliness, probably due to the fact that there are a lot of young ones on there and perhaps if some of the more mature members were to create more mature/ sensible groups then I think it could do well.

Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 11:39   #14
Resting in Peace

Notice a certain moderator on there in his Christmas outfit !!.. tried to make friends but summat went wrong.

They are mainly 'young' people on there and feel a little ancient. Son directed me to it when he was out in Singapore, so that I could keep track of him. as he was putting photos up and was very comforting to know that he was OK. Don't like noseing in too much on him now, as comments from his friends, etc.,

Yes, Len think the groups are very good, although not very active meself, just all good fun.

Had to get a yahoo E-mail as doesn't support all providers.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 11:41   #15
God Member

i like doing the puzzles on it and the quizes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..