Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2008, 16:36   #1
Resting in Peace

Fireworks

Is it me or has anybody else notice that, with about 9 days to go to Bonfire Night, I haven't heard any fireworks being set of every night like usually happens, must be the credit crunch is striking the kids as well
Old 27-10-2008, 16:39   #2
God Member

Re: Fireworks

I know where I work they went on sale sometime last week
I have only sold them to one person... so here's hoping lol
Old 27-10-2008, 16:45   #3
God Member

i've heard loads over here, have been in Darwen for the last 3 days and they where even setting them off during the day over there...go figure \....../
Old 27-10-2008, 17:07   #4

I've seen a thread just like this somewhere.
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 18:14   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Is it me or has anybody else notice that, with about 9 days to go to Bonfire Night, I haven't heard any fireworks being set of every night like usually happens, must be the credit crunch is striking the kids as well
That's jinxed it, probably hear them all night long now.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 18:15   #6
God Member

It's an all year round event round Willows Lane/Ormerod St
Old 27-10-2008, 18:19   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i've heard loads over here, have been in Darwen for the last 3 days and they where even setting them off during the day over there...go figure \....../

I was at a `DO` in Darwen on saturday, i`ve heard stories and the wife works there but did`nt expect it to be as bad as it was....... and yes , fireworks were going off all day
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 18:21   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
I was at a `DO` in Darwen on saturday, i`ve heard stories and the wife works there but did`nt expect it to be as bad as it was....... and yes , fireworks were going off all day

lol awful isnt it
Old 27-10-2008, 18:23   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
lol awful isnt it

I never thought as myself as a snob but after saturday.............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 18:24   #10
God Member

lol
Old 27-10-2008, 18:40   #11

john near you sunday night dog dragged me home.
nortype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2008, 20:47   #12
God Member

I've heard a few going off near my house over the last few days but it doesn't seem to be as bad as it has been in recent years.
Old 27-10-2008, 21:05   #13

Heard some going off very late one night last week but none since. Very quiet compared to previous years.
Old 27-10-2008, 21:45   #14
Passed away 25-11-09

There haven't been any here but next week will be chaotic. As the 5th is on Wednesday, various firework-displayers will have their parties any time between this coming Saturday and 2 weeks later. The big "official" display, by the Round Table - at the rugby club, is on Saturday the 9th but a lot of householders around the village like to show off what big fireworks they've got and, as I said, they'll do it on any night they please, which means every night. Drives me up the wall.
Old 27-10-2008, 21:50   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
There haven't been any here but next week will be chaotic. As the 5th is on Wednesday, various firework-displayers will have their parties any time between this coming Saturday and 2 weeks later. The big "official" display, by the Round Table - at the rugby club, is on Saturday the 9th but a lot of householders around the village like to show off what big fireworks they've got and, as I said, they'll do it on any night they please, which means every night. Drives me up the wall.

Me too.

Some folk have more money than sense.....some of these big bang fireworks that have you jumping out of your skin and cause the dog to have a heart attack cost £50.

Who's got £50 to set fire to?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..