Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2004, 20:42   #1

Foxhill Bank Lodge

i walk my dog through foxhill most nights and noticed theres a smaller lodge at the harvey st side of foxhill that is unused,not even by ducks or geese that use the near by larger lodge,theres no path either round it either its totally unused.i remember when i was at school that kids talked about the pike lodge in foxhill,is this the one and is this why no ducks use it?i also wondering if anyone knows who to contact about it being used for people to fish it, seeing theres nowhere in ossy to fish apart from cockers lodge that costs a fortune for the licence, loads of people fish on the canel between blyths and hare&hounds pub and most of them from ossy,maybe a day ticket to fish this lodge would work well, where you could buy the ticket from ossy mills or local shops in ossy then use the money to make the whole foxhill bank a better place to walk.
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-06-2004, 08:34   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Foxhill Bank Lodge

Would this be the small lodge next to the resorvoir? Fished on that when i was a lad and yes it was known as the pike lodge.Heard some tales when i was younger.If i believed them all there must be a pike in there as big as jaws LOL!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..