Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2008, 18:45   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Free to an absoutly good home!

I have a cat, (she was a kitten), she needs a decent home, I find myself unable to look after her and she deserves better than I can offer.

I can no longer offer her the home she deserves due to my ongoing illness, blardy, blaaa won't bore you with that.

If you could take her on I would be most grateful.

She is a wonderful beast, and will keep you entertained for ages.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2008, 18:49   #2
God Member

Re: Free to an absoutly good home!

The signs of this were evident a while back -- sorry, not volunteering -- my old moggy is hard work too --- I will not replace him when he dies -- looking forward to having trips away again.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 18:49   #3
God Member

ahhhhh blessssssss, you ok less?
Old 23-01-2008, 18:51   #4
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

sorry but not keen on cats, hope ya find a home for her
Old 23-01-2008, 19:00   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The signs of this were evident a while back -- sorry, not volunteering -- my old moggy is hard work too --- I will not replace him when he dies -- looking forward to having trips away again.
Oh how wrong you are,

I have spent my time really looking after her, after all she is a living animal, It's not because of anything other than the cat's benefit that I ask for help, I find myself in a situation that she should be taken on by someone that would at least look after her the way that I have.

Margaret, you jump to too many conclusions!
Old 23-01-2008, 19:04   #6
Beacon of light

Ooooh Less, My fingers ache to type in the words i will have her.......and she would have a really good home....but(there's always one isn't there) I already have one cat(two if you count the stray I have been feeding for two years, but am not allowed to call mine) and we have just adopted Gizmo.
I do hope some kind accywebber will give her a good home. I have my fingers crossed for you.

PS. I can still do bed baths if you are interested
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 19:07   #7
Passed away 25-11-09

Less, are you sure? Is there no way you can keep her?

If not, and you don't get any offers, is there a branch of the Cats' Protection League in your area? They will take cats and kittens and rehome them where it's possible, they also neuter them while they have them in their care, and they will collect cats to take them to the cattery.

Hope it all works out OK.
Old 23-01-2008, 19:09   #8
God Member

My old tom cat is 14 - I have had him since he was a kitten. When I moved to this rented 1st floor flat 6 years ago he no longer has a catflap and an outdoor life. When I moved here I put him on the RSPCA re-homing list. After 6 months they said that they now had a place for him. I declined because I knew at his age he was not likely to get a new home and would just be in an institution for the few years he has left. I know that I would not like it to happen to me (what goes around comes around) I am caring for him in his old age, but that does not stop me from looking forward to his peaceful passing.

I have health problems too which at times makes looking after another life burdensome -- so I do understand.

Excuse my jumping to conclusions, its just that previous posts have shown that you found adapting to a pet a liitle difficult.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 19:14   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post

If not, and you don't get any offers, is there a branch of the Cats' Protection League in your area? They will take cats and kittens and rehome them where it's possible, they also neuter them while they have them in their care, and they will collect cats to take them to the cattery.

She is with me until I find her a proper home. I am not offering her to just anyone, she just deserves a better life than I can give her.#

I can't say fairer than that.
Old 23-01-2008, 19:28   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

I have health problems too which at times makes looking after another life burdensome -- so I do understand.

Excuse my jumping to conclusions, its just that previous posts have shown that you found adapting to a pet a liitle difficult.

Sorry if that's how it seemed, but my earlier posts about the cat were supposed to be humorous,

This has been the first cat I've ever kept, (I never have considered owned as a description about an animal that needs looking after).

If you can't help, fair enough, please leave the thread alone, if you know some-one that can help my cat, then post as much as you want.
Old 23-01-2008, 19:43   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post

Yes, there are many ways I could keep her, (I just know at the moment she should have a better home), she is a beautiful cat, she has settled down from being a wild little kitten to being an animal that deserves a good life, I know that isn't something I can offer her, so, please, give her the chance she deserves.
Old 23-01-2008, 20:07   #12
I am Banned

Can i just ask - what makes cats hard work ?
keetah992000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 20:14   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by keetah992000 View Post
Can i just ask - what makes cats hard work ?
Of course you can!

You can also ask as many stupid questions about it's colour or if it eats green beans, that has nothing to do with the cat's well being which is all I'm interested in!

Can I repeat,

If you can offer the cat something worthwhile, then answer this post, otherwise, bog off! It's her welfare I'm interested in not answering self righteous idiots questions!
Old 23-01-2008, 20:14   #14
God Member

I wish I could have a pet here. My home is full of animals including 4 cats, its odd not having them around.

I dont think it's anyones business to question why Less cant care for the cat anymore, and he's doing the responsible thing by searching for a home before the cat suffers.

If you get really desperate you could try my mum, she may be willing to add another to the zoo, but I couldn't say for sure, you'd have to send her a message.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 20:17   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I wish I could have a pet here. My home is full of animals including 4 cats, its odd not having them around.

I dont think it's anyones business to question why Less cant care for the cat anymore, and he's doing the responsible thing by searching for a home before the cat suffers.

If you get really desperate you could try my mum, she may be willing to add another to the zoo, but I couldn't say for sure, you'd have to send her a message.
Thank you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..