Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2009, 11:49   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Friend or Foe ?

Wonder if anything to do with this ?

Can't really grade 'my' lodge as a lake, can you ? ...

Secret Labour tax on having a patio... Millions of homes already assessed for council charge which hammers middle classes | Mail Online

Feel could be on for a thread wander here ... but hey, my query finished so why not ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2009, 11:55   #17
God Member

I read that too - scandalous.
I have a view when the leaves fall, but they had better not upgrade my banding.
Considering the bathroom and kitchen in my flat are over 30 years old, and Hyndburn Homes has run out of money for refurbishments, I am not willing to pay extra for a view.
It is the only thing that makes living here worthwhile - looking out of it

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2009, 11:59   #18
Resting in Peace

Yes, as mentioned Margaret, us pensioners couldn't take a hit like this ...so not exactly affecting the middle classes ...
Old 26-07-2009, 12:13   #19

One is wearing flying material and loud noise protection equipment, ripstop gloves, ear defenders joined to his helmet plus a mesh guard and thats possibly an industrial strimmer for ground clearance, a brush cutter and stood infront of some high grasses, the other is wearing a dayglo vest which is common for a burglar so i understand your worrys
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2009, 12:25   #20
Resting in Peace

Eeew hek Spex ! Why would a burglar wear a dayglo vest though ? To pretend he was somebody else or summat ?
Old 26-07-2009, 13:27   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yes, as mentioned Margaret, us pensioners couldn't take a hit like this ...so not exactly affecting the middle classes ...

i had to re-read that katex... i dont think of you as a pensioner

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2009, 14:35   #22
Resting in Peace

Well, looks like my mystery has been resolved.

There are two men putting up new fishing platforms, which is good news as they do pick up any litter, maintain the banking and look after the water which can only be good for the fish and wildlife.

Fishing platforms.jpg

Not sure which fishing club yet .. but pleased there will be no 'amendments' to my view ...
Old 21-10-2009, 09:02   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, looks like my mystery has been resolved.

There are two men putting up new fishing platforms, which is good news as they do pick up any litter, maintain the banking and look after the water which can only be good for the fish and wildlife.

Attachment 14681

Not sure which fishing club yet .. but pleased there will be no 'amendments' to my view ...
Do you mean you may take up fishing kate
Old 21-10-2009, 16:25   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Do you mean you may take up fishing kate
WHAT !! Jaysay, wash your mouth out with soap and water please ... don't like dirty talk ....

Did actually go once or twice with ex. (in my younger days) ... had to fish with cheese though, as hate maggots. Problem is the eels love this delicacy.

They have put two more platforms up today, with steps down to another one ... looking really good now. Wonder if they will be doing the one at the bottom of my garden .. can watch the action from me patio window then ...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..