Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2007, 17:34   #1
Junior Member+

Furniture Waste

Hi,
Can anyone tell me the best way to get rid of old furniture ie old fridge/freezer, wardrobes etc... Clearing out a relatives house who has passed away and basically all that needs removing is items that are to big to fit in the car for the tip.
The council will only take 6 items per month from a property.

Anybody know the best way to get rid of this?

Thanks
scoobydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2007, 17:45   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Furniture Waste

You need to PM Less and ask him where he is living. He allows AccyWebbers to throw our rubbish in his back street
Old 19-04-2007, 17:47   #3

Try using the Hyndburn Used furniture Store - they'll come take most of it and refurbish the items to be used by low income families etc - much better than just tipping it !! follow this link

http://www.hufs.co.uk/
Old 19-04-2007, 17:52   #4
Junior Member+

Thanks for that Neil I will drop him a pm

Thanks for the link Mick it is very very very old fashioned stuff.....I will give them a ring though
Old 19-04-2007, 17:54   #5
God Member

you havent by any chance got a dryer have you? cheeky i know, but it will save you throwing it

or you could always put it on hyndburn freecycle, whats your rubbish may be someone else's treasure

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hyndburnfreecycle/
Old 19-04-2007, 17:56   #6
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
you havent by any chance got a dryer have you? cheeky i know, but it will save you throwing it

or you could always put it on hyndburn freecycle

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hyndburnfreecycle/
lol washer and dryer already gone.
Thanks for the link
Old 19-04-2007, 17:57   #7
God Member

your welcome
Old 19-04-2007, 20:33   #8

I was clearing out my garage this week and had an old cooker, fridge/freezer and dryer in there which I was going to ring the council to collect. Then this van drove past a couple of times, stopped and asked if he could take my scrap.

I'm not sure how it works but he gets paid for the amount of scrap he collects, so will take all your old fridges etc for free! He's been round again today for more stuff - and again tomorrow for an old chest freezer!

His number is 07775775544

His van is a bit scruffy, and I wouldnt let him in my house - but he takes all the stuff for free so give him a call !
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2007, 21:16   #9
God Member

ah someone came round to mine a few months back and asked if he could take my cooker,so i let him, i think he was a traveller...it saved me ringing the council(sp) anyway
Old 19-04-2007, 21:18   #10

Yeah this bloke was a traveller (with a kid that I'm sure shoulda been in school?!) and I was a little skeptical at first, but if he wants my junk he's welcome to it. Got heaps and heaps of stuff on the drive I dont know what I am going to do with!

Laneside are having a rubbish amnesty this Saturday so will see what they take, but got a letter from them pushed through my door today and it seems they are being really picky about what they will and will not take.
Old 19-04-2007, 21:20   #11
God Member

yeah it must of been the same bloke, he had a kid with him too, my mate lives on laneside and mentioned to me today that they where having a rubbish amnesty
Old 19-04-2007, 22:52   #12
Resident Waffler

Oooh I wonder if they want any of our rubbish! I'm trying to have a clear out and have loads of literal junk, stuff no use to anybody.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 19:51   #13

If you live in Laneside Willow then have all your stuff ready outside your house by 9am tomorrow (Saturday) - they are collecting between 9 and 12.

Only problem is I have ordered a skip (for something else) and worried they wont take my stuff if they see the skip!
Old 20-04-2007, 19:57   #14
Resident Waffler

No, I don't live anywhere near Laneside unfortunately but I know someone who does. The words 'rubbish amnesty' make it sound like it's a crime to have rubbish these days. It's getting beyond a joke.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 20:26   #15
God Member

i know willow, get busman to take all your rubbish over to laneside and dump it on the person you know over there

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..