Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2009, 22:16   #16
God Member

Re: Gas?

The cheapest tariffs are the ones where-
1. you manage your bills online by providing meter readings when asked
2. you have a dual fuel supplier - both gas and electric form same supplier
3. you pay monthly by direct debit at a rate which is an average of a whole years use

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-01-2009, 23:04   #17
God Member

Approx £28 a month. I leave the heating set so that it warms up if it drops below 17 degC but as I am out at work all day it keeps the cost down. Same with my leccy wich is approx £25 a month.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 10:50   #18
Senior Member+

I pay £151 a month for both gas and electric from scottish power.
my gas went up £49 2 months ago...even though we are on a fixed price till may 09...they are looking into that but whilst they are we have to pay the new amount...poor stuff all round really..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 15:58   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
what do you have?...a mansion??
I wish!!

3 and a half bedroom semi dormer bungalow.
Big windows and old boiler. Son and self work from home so there is nearly always someone in and I dont like being cold
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 16:06   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I wish!!

3 and a half bedroom semi dormer bungalow.
Big windows and old boiler. Son and self work from home so there is nearly always someone in and I dont like being cold
So some of those heating costs can be offset against profit in your tax returns, can't they?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 19:19   #21
Senior Member+

£110 a month on dd for both from Scottish Power, I am currently about £80 in credit though! And to be fair I have the radiators on for 8 hours a day ! I don't see the point in being cold!
Old 31-01-2009, 22:12   #22
Senior Member+

we were always £69 in credit a month but goodness knows how long that will be for since they have hiked up the prices..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 22:24   #23
God Member

nothinghave oil central heating supplied by a local supplier
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2009, 23:01   #24
Senior Member+

British Gas announced last week that they are reducing the price of their gas for customers.

I pay £40/month, direct debit, for my gas and it's a 3 bedroom house. I have a combi boiler (just heats water as I need it), but only have the heating on in the evenings, as I'm out at work all day.
Old 31-01-2009, 23:54   #25

We are about 24 quid a month on gas and 34 on electric. The gas account was in credit but Atlantic ( Scottish an Southern ) went to 6 monthly billing/meter reading. We don’t like the house being cold so invariably the heating is always on, even if only just ticking over. The next bill should be interesting.
Old 01-02-2009, 19:54   #26
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Well like i said i pay £60 on gas now and £50 on electric.....a month so beware if ya not got ya bill lately be prepared to be shocked especially if ya use a lot of fuel!!

i was paying £40 on me gas before, and £40 on me electric,....now its an extra £30 for both, all i can say is if we were on benefits we'd be buggered!!, i dont know how those who are on benefit would pay that!!, but then again they do get the odd payment sent
Old 01-02-2009, 20:18   #27
God Member

Mine is £30 per month, and the heating is on 24/7, the programmer is able to be set to different temperatures rather than times, and is at a higher temp when we are in, but is never actually switched off.
Old 01-02-2009, 20:37   #28
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

All i can say is i must have a POO boiler, that or need to go with someone else
Old 05-02-2009, 19:48   #29

Sorry, been Xtra busy these last couple of days and haven't been online. No special tariffs but dual-fuel saver, as MargaretR, and pay by direct debit. Pay £23 per month electricity so overall costs similar to MargaretR. I live in Cambridgeshire (was born and brought up in Accy) but it gets cold here too, though not as damp here as Lancashire over an average year.
davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:45   #30
Junior Member+

My gas in winter is around £35-£45 a week... I have a 4 bedroom house with three reception rooms. Heating is thermostatically controlled to about 19C from 7am till 10pm. I think I'm paying too much...will ask gas board to check meter.
LancLad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..