Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2009, 19:27   #1

Ghost walks in the accrington area

Hi, can anyone recommend anyone that does Ghost walks around Accrington or the local area (Pendle, Blackburn etc.)

My wifes a huge fan of Most Haunted and just trying to sort out a surprise present.

Any information as I'm struggling at the moment.

Thanks
sazandy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2009, 19:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Ghost walks in the accrington area

I think salmesbury hall do tours. Most haunted visited there on one of the recent live shows, the one based in liverpool. Try getting in touch with tourist info in clitheroe or mabe even the castle info/shop place as I'm sure there used to be a walk over pendle
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 20:18   #3
God Member

a bloke called Simon Entwistle used to do them round Accy. Julie and I went on one once. Ask at the Town Hall as it was something they ran

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 20:53   #4
Passed away 25-11-09

Does the Dunkenhalgh do anything? I grew up aware of tales of the Dunkenhalgh Boggart, that walks in the woods round the hotel. Not all together sure of the difference between a boggart and a ghost but I'd be surprised if the hotel hasn't cashed in on it.
Old 21-08-2009, 23:27   #5
God Member

There was talk of a ghost up Haworth Park when I was a lad.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2009, 23:35   #6
I am Banned

Ghosts be suggared I'd like to see a ghost appear if you have a double barreled shotgun at the ready.

That bloke that did ghost walks round Accy was in the Telegraph a while back about a young woman related to the old Saxon lords of Accrington. Load of bull there are only males listed in the old documents relating to Accrington back in the 1100's.
I emailed him and asked him to produce documentry evidence. Guess what I got no reply.
There used to be tales of a ghostly female form appearing down at Dunkenhalgh. The Accrington Pals put that to rest when the were on manouvres one night. Turned out to be mist rising of the stream.

Retlaw

Last edited by Retlaw; 21-08-2009 at 23:39.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 09:12   #7
Resting in Peace

It was rumoured that there is a ghost in the Stop and Rest Ossy, which I took with a pinch of salt until one week in the 70s when Jack Catlow was standing in for the landlord and the brother-in-law myself were having a dink after closing, all the doors were locked (the inside doors had security locks) when we all heard the taproom door open and we look through the opening to see who it was, nothing the place went ice cold and so did we, especially when we remembered that the door was locked, I have never seen three blokes vacate a building so fast before. When the landlord return, we told him, he just laughed and said ah its only oud Bill getting his nightcap
Old 23-08-2009, 01:09   #8

Years ago knew a journelist from clayton who swore there was something in the trees and grounds of the dunkenahlgh. Said he took a walk one evening through the grounds and something very wierd was flitting about the trees. Worked there myself for a short while but the old workers there told me such spooky tales about the place that i didn't last long.
shazfury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:59   #9
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazfury1 View Post
Years ago knew a journelist from clayton who swore there was something in the trees and grounds of the dunkenahlgh. Said he took a walk one evening through the grounds and something very wierd was flitting about the trees. Worked there myself for a short while but the old workers there told me such spooky tales about the place that i didn't last long.
Read my earlier post. The Accrington pals laid that myth to rest in 1914. Only the gullible believe reporters any way.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 20:42   #10
God Member

if ye walk on down by yonder calder at the stroke of 9 ye will see the headless pint or possibly yon flying bottle

woooooo woooooo

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 09:42   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if ye walk on down by yonder calder at the stroke of 9 ye will see the headless pint or possibly yon flying bottle

wooooo wooooo
In that case accyman all the pubs in London must be haunted
Old 25-08-2009, 00:39   #12
Senior Member+

I have a photo which I took while at a wedding at the Dunk. It,s of the tree lined old driveway, I can,t see a thing in it but lots of people say they can, even without prompting. If I was smart I would put it on here but computers and me don,t get along.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..