Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 21:51   #61
God Member

Re: Ghosts and haunted buildings.

7 years and 4 months
Old 10-11-2010, 21:53   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
7 years and 4 months

ThankYou Kindly.............
I were going to try and work it out but I coudnt be
I never think about the last.
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 22:09   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarey View Post
Hello everyone! I am doing some research on ghosts in Lancashire and I am wondering if anyone here can share ghost stories from Accrington or let me know of possible haunted buildings. Anything will be appreciated. Also does anyone remember about 10 years ago on Radio Lancashire there used to be a local guy reading out local ghost stories some of which he investigated. I think it used to be on about 9 o clock pm. Does anyone know his name?
Well it seems like scareys been scared off?
Old 11-11-2010, 13:38   #64
TJH

Albion Mill in Blackburn, i used to train there 4 - 5 times a week up until it got demolished.

On friday nights we would stay late for a few games of paintball and i can tell you that the place was haunted.

If you PM me ill give all you all the details, but that place was creepy.

I lived in a 300 year old cottage in Altham and that too was haunted. There were stories that when the RAF were stationed in Clayton Hall, the pilots were complaining about the ghosts.

Various people who walked by the cottage would also mention seeing ghosts etc.
TJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 15:40   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJH
Various people who walked by the cottage would also mention seeing ghosts etc.
On their way home from the Walton Arms.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 18:18   #66
Senior Member+

A certain house I used to live in on Christchurch Street, very odd goings on there, seen by a good few people and heard by me!
Old 14-11-2010, 15:21   #67

When I was a teenager a group of us sneaked into the odean cinema on Broadway when it was boarded up ready to be demolished. I can tell you now we did not stay in there long someone or something was throwing stones/bricks pieces of metal at us, freaky stuff. Of course afterwards the logical thing to think was that it was caused by the condition of the building, so I am surprised to think other people believe it was haunted.
udontexpect2cmehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 15:43   #68
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by udontexpect2cmehere View Post
When I was a teenager a group of us sneaked into the odean cinema on Broadway when it was boarded up ready to be demolished. I can tell you now we did not stay in there long someone or something was throwing stones/bricks pieces of metal at us, freaky stuff. Of course afterwards the logical thing to think was that it was caused by the condition of the building, so I am surprised to think other people believe it was haunted.
That'd be the ghost of old Edie, an usherette killed under an avalanche of confectionary, in the nineteen thirties, when the floorboards in the kiosk mysteriously gave way.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2010, 21:49   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by udontexpect2cmehere View Post
also the ammount of tramps thet slept in there
scoot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 20:16   #70
Senior Member+

Not too sure I would dismiss the Odeon stories, the Boots in Acc is built on that patch and there were some strange goings on when I worked there! Also when I worked in the Arndale loads of staff from various shops had tales to tell about shadows, noises, alarms triggering, mainly from what is now New Look (was Dixons or Currys), H Samuels, Our Price and the card place opposite what was Our Price. We deffo had something strange going on at OP!
Old 17-11-2010, 20:35   #71
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Not too sure I would dismiss the Odeon stories, the Boots in Acc is built on that patch and there were some strange goings on when I worked there! Also when I worked in the Arndale loads of staff from various shops had tales to tell about shadows, noises, alarms triggering, mainly from what is now New Look (was Dixons or Currys), H Samuels, Our Price and the card place opposite what was Our Price. We deffo had something strange going on at OP!
Most of that site had been vacant from when they built Broadway, it was used as a barrage baloon site during WW2, then it became a car park, when the built the foundations for the Arndale they culverted the river Hyndburn, happen it was noises from under there when it was raining heavy. As for ghosts and stuff, father Christmas is as real.

Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 20:47   #72
God Member

Exactly Retlaw. There'a a simple explanation for this. Piccy's of the various culverts under Accy are to be found elsewhere on this site; all that's needed is a build up of waste and/or a heavy flood storm in them and you're going to get all sorts of echoing strange noises and even slight vibrations in the structures above.

There is a logical explanation for everything, should one care to look.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 00:35   #73

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i used to live on queensway and also heard stories of the haunted house on there. So the story goes, one girl was thrown across a bedroom in there
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 07:35   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Sorry to bring up an old thread but i used to live on queensway and also heard stories of the haunted house on there. So the story goes, one girl was thrown across a bedroom in there
Bet thats occured on every street in accy.
Old 30-03-2011, 08:05   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That'd be the ghost of old Edie, an usherette killed under an avalanche of confectionary, in the nineteen thirties, when the floorboards in the kiosk mysteriously gave way.
How do you know all these fantastic things?!!
Are there any ghost stories about Ossie?
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..