Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2013, 20:36   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Hagg Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No idea mate, never had need fer her, Me Gaffer though was Tony Anderson, Johns Brother. Me mam also worked yon from after the war until it closed.
Just that me mam was works nurse there for a few years in the sixties
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2013, 21:12   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
No Lodge has been that size always in my lifetime, I worked at Ewbank in mid 60s, which was were Asda now stands.
My mother worked there too
Old 20-04-2013, 11:17   #18
Rest in Peace

My wife worked there for three evenings coming home covered in dust and having to have a bath every night, I told her not to go again, and I found a part time job which fit in with my day job. Easier than looking after and getting to bed four young girls.
dogsbody likes this.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 11:29   #19
Rest in Peace

Quote:
No Lodge has been that size always in my lifetime, I worked at Ewbank in mid 60s, which was were Asda now stands.
You are right Cashy, looking at the Google map of the lodge at that end there is a small white jetty coming out, as a lad we would stand on there to catch Gudgon so it has not been altered.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 15:45   #20
Junior Member+

Quote:
Once again thanks to everyone who answered my question, I guess the person who said it used to be much bigger was either mis-informed or pulling my leg, I might have a trip to the library and see if there's any old photo's of how it used to look.
Hope you all have a good w-end.
dogsbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2013, 15:59   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Only difference i can surmise is the Lodge Bank being narrowed when they built asda, n made the pathway to milnshaw?
Old 21-04-2013, 16:00   #22
Senior Member+

It was bigger in the same way that school playgrounds were bigger then too - and the school hall.
cashman likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..