Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2016, 11:55   #91

Re: Halal butcher?

I

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2016, 12:18   #92
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly baby View Post
I
"I"? I'm sure it's a valid & very well thought out "I", but forgive my (and no doubt others) ignorance & head scratching in this instance, but a little enlightenment as to what your particular "I" refers to, please.
Old 19-11-2016, 16:07   #93
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
"I"? I'm sure it's a valid & very well thought out "I", but forgive my (and no doubt others) ignorance & head scratching in this instance, but a little enlightenment as to what your particular "I" refers to, please.
Nah, a well thought out "I" would not display itself on AccyWeb. Ignorance and head scratching however can often be seen here, maybe it was an agreement type "I" after all, aye is a difficult word to speil.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2016, 17:59   #94
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Must admit I did think said "I" might be an "Aye" but one doesn't wish to presume.
Old 23-11-2016, 13:33   #95

These are the KFC shops currently selling Halal Southern Fried Chicken. Accy seems to have survived the Chickexit.

They do keep on about respecting customers choice but what about those who just want genuine old fashioned Southern Friend Chicken?

Acton Vale
Arndale Centre
Baker Street
Barking
Barlow Moor Road
Beckton
Bethnal Green
Birmingham Star City
Birmingham Heybarnes
Birmingham Yardley
Bishopsgate
Bolton Derby Street
Bradford Ingleby Road
Bristol Union Street
Burnley
Camden Town
Cape Hill
Colindale
Colliers Wood
Coventry Courthouse Green
Coventry Cross Cheaping
Croydon Central
Derby Foresters Leisure Park
Dewsbury
Earls Court Road
East Ham
Edgeware Road
Edinburgh Meadowbank
Edmonton
Elk Mill
Festival Heights
Finsbury Park
Forest Gate
Fulham
Gateshead Metro Centre
Glasgow Govan
Glasgow Pollokshaws Road
Glasgow Renfield Street
Hackney
Halifax
Halifax Haley Hill Drive Thru
Handsworth
Harrow Weald Drive Thru
Heaton Chapel
High Wycombe Retail Park
Hounslow West
Iflord
Leeds Road
Junction 27
Junction 9
Keighley
Kilburn
Birmingham Kings Heath
Lea Bridge Road Drive Thru
Meanwood
Leicester
Leicester High Street
Leicester Services
Leyton
Leyton Mills
Leytonstone
Liverpool Chaloner Street
Luton
Manchester Fort
Newport West
Northampton
Nottingham Alfreton Rd
Oxford
Paddington
Park Royal
Peacocks Shopping Centre
Perry Bar
Peterborough London Road
Deepdale
Reading Broadstreet
Rochdale Kingsway
Seven Kings
Seven Sisters
Sheffield Queens Road
Sheffield Arena Drive Thru
Slough Queensmere Centre
Southall
Stratford
Streatham
Teeside Retail Park
Tottenham Court Road
Tottenham Hale
Tower Hill
Tyrell Street
Upton Park
Walthamstow
Walworth Road
Wembley
Westfield Stratford
Westgate Retail Park Drive Thru
Whitechapel
Woking
Wood Green Restaurant
Old 23-11-2016, 13:58   #96

Is that a list of those that do halal or those that don't?
Old 26-11-2016, 09:17   #97

Hi The list is the ones that do Halal. KFC says its making it available due to demand so I guess those who don't want it are in a minority now. Pleased to see the Preston high street branch has stuck to its guns as it was the first branch to open in the UK and continuing with its original KFC recipe. To my mind all the others in the list are no longer genuine KFC outlets and being honest the thought of Chicken going through a cut in a jugular vein, carotid artery and windpipe in some sort of ritual slaughtering whilst verbal mutterings take place is enough for me to ask everywhere I eat 'is your food Halal' Our own government has stated it has no intention of stopping religious slaughter here which kinda endorses it. Yep I've seen the meat wagon offloading on the walk into town many times at said shop and how they get away with flogging what will be contaminated meat I've no idea.

Probably like many on hear we live our dining out lives by who has a 5* hygiene rating sign up and who has nothing in the window usually a good guide.
Old 26-11-2016, 09:31   #98

Unhappy Re: Halal butcher?

Reference 'I'......Grandkids messing about, couldn't delete the whole thing!

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 09:58   #99

Forgot to mention that anywhere serving Halal should be displaying HALAL FOOD AUTHORITY sign as well which is green and says HFA APPROVED, it does help if you don't like Halal in your tum tum.
Old 26-11-2016, 16:02   #100
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I don't believe it's legal for those shops to sell Halal unless they are sure the customer is buying it for religious reasons.

This is taken from this government website

Quote:
You must meet all of the following requirements for halal and kosher religious slaughter:

it must take place in a slaughterhouse (abattoir) approved by the Food Standards Agency (FSA)
it must be done by someone who has a certificate of competence (CoC)
the slaughter must be done in a way that follows Jewish or Islamic religious practice
the meat must be intended for consumption by Jews or Muslims
Old 26-11-2016, 16:30   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't believe it's legal for those shops to sell Halal unless they are sure the customer is buying it for religious reasons.

This is taken from this government website
Ah, but where must they display it?

A chicken shop I used to frequent not far from the Railway, two reasons I stopped using it.

1/ When boss man there the younger assistants polite, when boss missing they treated pale face like the stuff in a blocked toilet.

2/ Just glancing up one time that I was in the queue, (yes, boss was there I'd learnt never to enter if he wasn't), a sign announcing the place is Halal, very small very obscure, more or less hidden in plain view.
was on a skylight.

Last time I used the place. Only because, to me halal means unhygienic I got to admit if I can't hear it scream death of a chicken doesn't mean much to me.

Last edited by Less; 26-11-2016 at 16:34.
Old 26-11-2016, 23:30   #102
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Going off that link I posted they have to make sure the purchaser is of the correct religion. Nowhere does and the government are to scared to ban halal slaughter in this country which I think they should
Old 27-11-2016, 10:44   #103
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Going off that link I posted they have to make sure the purchaser is of the correct religion.
Doesn't that then point to positive discrimination? On top of that, I'm pretty sure that Mr.Halal-peddler isn't going to turn down any sort of profit especially if it's coming from a Kuffar. Damn it, he's practically obliged to skin the infidel where he can according to the Alis' snackbar big bumper book of muslim fun & frolics.
Old 27-11-2016, 14:23   #104
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Doesn't that then point to positive discrimination? On top of that, I'm pretty sure that Mr.Halal-peddler isn't going to turn down any sort of profit especially if it's coming from a Kuffar. Damn it, he's practically obliged to skin the infidel where he can according to the Alis' snackbar big bumper book of muslim fun & frolics.
All I know is what the government state on their website. To me that means if I am sold Halal someone has broken the law. Is it the person who sold it me or the person who slaughtered the animal? I don't know but someone has gone against what it says.
Old 27-11-2016, 15:00   #105
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
To me that means if I am sold Halal someone has broken the law.
I'd of said the seller (high street Butcher/ethnic convenience shop/supermarket chain) would be the guilty party as the abattoir would be supplying via contract to these certified establishments, thereby absolving themselves of any direct sales to the "non entitled".

Which then throws up the prickly question of fast food chains selling products that have been halal-ed, surely then they must have a visible warning/information sign clearly announcing their compliance & adherence to the produce they are retailing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..