Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2009, 20:20   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Halal chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyLass28 View Post
Side effects of Halal Lamb.... not being able to get ya words out!
Could be the wine though ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2009, 20:38   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
How do I achieve that David ? Look them in the eyes and whisper a prayer before peeling their skins, would say sorry. Well, potatoes are living organisms too ...if Charles thinks they hear him, why not me ?
cook the chips in pig fat they will go down a treat

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 21:07   #18
Senior Member+

Have fought with my conscience over eating meat for a good while, I was vegetarian for 17 years and could go back to that with no problems now. I don't think religion should be brought into it, I think it's more a case of if it came down to you actually killing the animal , could you do it? Could you throttle a chicken or shoot a lamb? I think that if you couldn't physically end that animals life then you have no right to be eating it. I am in a bit of a state of turmoil over this and have been for a few months, I do like meat but I am struggling justifying it.
Old 25-05-2009, 22:19   #19
Resting in Peace

An entirely different subject Lindsay, however, no, I could not kill these sort of animals but only because we have become organised, and have professionals to do it for us.

If times changed, and I had to go out and hunt/kill animals to feed my children, wouldn't hesitate for a minute. Lucky we have a choice now though.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 07:05   #20
God Member

i would have no qualms of killing teh animals so I'm happy to continue to eat meat. One thing we did with Siobhan was not 'hide' the name of the animal from here when eating meat. hence its piggy butties, moo cow pie etc.

I've bought Halal meat before and found it no different to ordinarily slaughtered meat.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2009, 09:10   #21
Resting in Peace

Well to me a chop is a chop, but I have to say I was actually put of bacon for a short while after working at Walls meat processing plant in Hyde. That plant, back in the 70s, did most of Tommy Walls pork products and we were actually given a tour of he plant, gruesome to say the least

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..