Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2009, 10:09   #1
Resting in Peace

Have a Flutter

I have just purchased a new medical devise called a Flutter, which is designed for people with chronic chest problems, in as much as it helps loosen mucus from the lungs. Developed mainly for people with cystic fibrosis, exacerbate asthma and chronic bronchitis, who can't stand rigorous physiotherapy, its a drug free way of clearing the breathing tubes. Its just like a smoker pipe only with the ball at around a 45 degree angle and blocked of end with holes in, inside Te ball is a steel ball bearing. It works by taking breaths in then blowing into the "pipe" which causes fluttering sensation which transfers back down the lungs an shakes the mucus free, and it does work. If anyone is interested they cost £39 are produced by Clement Clark International. Just Google flutter ad its the first site on the first page, the firm I deal with is Evergreen from Wigan, who are also good for Nebulizers and servicing nebulizers, plus accessories too

Last edited by jaysay; 14-01-2009 at 10:13.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-01-2009, 11:08   #2
God Member

Re: Have a Flutter

ooo that sounds interesting Jay, did the doc tell you about it or did you hear about it somewhere else?
Old 14-01-2009, 11:23   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
ooo that sounds interesting Jay, did the doc tell you about it or did you hear about it somewhere else?
The Community Matron told me last week, I've been having a few probs lately and she popped in to see me and just mentioned it, but they are recommended by doctors flashy too, and it really does work, I don't know how, but its incredible the result you get with it, at the moment I'm here happily coughing away to myself
Old 14-01-2009, 11:29   #4
God Member

my chest isnt that bad at the moment, my mate's hubby has awfully bad asthma though, i will tell her about this, he's on oxygen at the moment and has been in and out of hospital a lot in the last year
Old 14-01-2009, 16:04   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
my chest isnt that bad at the moment, my mate's hubby has awfully bad asthma though, i will tell her about this, he's on oxygen at the moment and has been in and out of hospital a lot in the last year
Seems like he has COPD like myself in which case it will help
Old 14-01-2009, 18:30   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I have just purchased a new medical devise called a Flutter, which is designed for people with chronic chest problems, in as much as it helps loosen mucus from the lungs. Developed mainly for people with cystic fibrosis, exacerbate asthma and chronic bronchitis, who can't stand rigorous physiotherapy, its a drug free way of clearing the breathing tubes. Its just like a smoker pipe only with the ball at around a 45 degree angle and blocked of end with holes in, inside Te ball is a steel ball bearing. It works by taking breaths in then blowing into the "pipe" which causes fluttering sensation which transfers back down the lungs an shakes the mucus free, and it does work. If anyone is interested they cost £39 are produced by Clement Clark International. Just Google flutter ad its the first site on the first page, the firm I deal with is Evergreen from Wigan, who are also good for Nebulizers and servicing nebulizers, plus accessories too
Great to hear you have found something that helps you out ... and better still, that it doesn't involve massive amounts of drugs whose side effects are almost as bad, if not worse than the condition they are designed to cure ...

As an afterthought, are you going to make a comment about Flashy's chest; or should I .... Maybe it would be safer if I mentioned things like a wobble test .... after all, with thousands of km of ocean between us, it should be me
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 10:34   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Great to hear you have found something that helps you out ... and better still, that it doesn't involve massive amounts of drugs whose side effects are almost as bad, if not worse than the condition they are designed to cure ...

As an afterthought, are you going to make a comment about Flashy's chest; or should I .... Maybe it would be safer if I mentioned things like a wobble test .... after all, with thousands of km of ocean between us, it should be me
Yea Eric seems sensible suggestion to me, because I daren't I'm a coward
Old 15-01-2009, 13:35   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post

Not Flashy's chest again, hoody blell.
If I comment I'm for it.

Still in hiding from last time.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 15:32   #9
God Member

I have been suffering from 'breathlessness on exertion' for a year now.
Doc did ECG and blood tests and said they were all 'normal'.

A chest xray showed early signs of COPD(emphysema) but not bad enough to warrant medication.
He supplied an inhaler anyway saying he was bending the rules, and it would 'halt progress of COPD'.
My websearching found a medical study done in India where that inhaler increased risk of heart disease and stroke by 40%.
So that got binned sharpish
(I am in better nick than Amy Winehouse - who isn't?)

When considering whether a blood test result is 'normal', the Nhs is often years behind the latest research.
My serum B12 level is normal by our Nhs standards but would be considered dangerous by the Japanese and in several other countries.
I began a regime of food supplements with special reliance on vitamin B12.
My breathlessness has reduced by 50% in a few months, and I 'move faster' and the improvement continues.

So I can say from personal experience that breathlessness is not caused solely by lung disease.

I now take no prescription drugs whatsoever - not even paracetemol - Zantak(Ranitidine) contributed to my B12 deficiency - that got binned too
Anything that doesn't involve drugs I would try - looks like that machine is ideal if I get bad enough to need it.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 16:26   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have been suffering from 'breathlessness on exertion' for a year now.
Doc did ECG and blood tests and said they were all 'normal'.

A chest x ray showed early signs of COPD(emphysema) but not bad enough to warrant medication.
He supplied an inhaler anyway saying he was bending the rules, and it would 'halt progress of COPD'.
My websearching found a medical study done in India where that inhaler increased risk of heart disease and stroke by 40%.
So that got binned sharpish
(I am in better nick than Amy Winehouse - who isn't?)

When considering whether a blood test result is 'normal', the Nhs is often years behind the latest research.
My serum B12 level is normal by our Nhs standards but would be considered dangerous by the Japanese and in several other countries.
I began a regime of food supplements with special reliance on vitamin B12.
My breathlessness has reduced by 50% in a few months, and I 'move faster' and the improvement continues.

So I can say from personal experience that breathlessness is not caused solely by lung disease.

I now take no prescription drugs whatsoever - not even paracetemol - Zantak(Ranitidine) contributed to my B12 deficiency - that got binned too
Anything that doesn't involve drugs I would try - looks like that machine is ideal if I get bad enough to need it.
I agree with most of what you say Margaret, especially with the food and eating properly (or the right things) I once went to an alternative therapist in Whalley, who tested me for allergies to everything from cats and dogs to tree pollen, dairy foods, meat and fish, then put me on a diet of the things I could tolerate and within six weeks my breathing had improved by about 30%, but now it has little or no effect although I do keep away from certain foods and materials which affect my breathing, things sch as perfume, tree pollen sea food and some dairy products
Old 15-01-2009, 21:21   #11
God Member

Jay, i spoke to my mate earlier and her husband does have COPD but he is on some sort of tablets for it at the moment
Old 16-01-2009, 10:30   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Jay, i spoke to my mate earlier and her husband does have COPD but he is on some sort of tablets for it at the moment
Well, ya flashy I would think he is, I take 8 different tablets every day in conjunction with my treatment for COPD, together with three nebulized drugs up to 6 times a day as well, this device is meant to assist with the treatment,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..