Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 07:56   #1
Senior Member+

having a sanded floor at home - colder or not?

I am thinking about sanding the floorboards in my back room - they have to be said are in perfect condition but for some little gaps in between them..
my question is this - is a room somewhat colder with a sanded floor?
if anyone has this in their house I would appreciate some feedback..

regards..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2011, 12:13   #2

Re: having a sanded floor at home - colder or not?

definitely will be colder / drafts. if it's ground floor without cellar below, you wont be able to insulate below. what might help if you do decide on timber floor is to use clear silicone sealant to fill the gap between floor & skirting. i've got timber floors upstairs but put rockwool insulation under. made a massive difference in the bathroom just insulating it before i could sort a carpet out - was a wee bit drafty round the ankles !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..