Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2013, 19:21   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Help finding Iron lady, ironing service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
I think anybody has a right to ask a question on Accyweb and for it not to be treated cynically by anybody
Your question about yer missus, when she was carrying the olympic torch wasn't answered cynically was it? Perhaps thats cos yeh have been around awhile.? seem to recall gremlin helping out wi that, but then as yeh dont come on that much, perhaps yeh aint aware of the his circs. also yeh aint aware of what goes on on here sometimes.
Old 19-01-2013, 19:55   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Your question about yer missus, when she was carrying the olympic torch wasn't answered cynically was it? Perhaps thats cos yeh have been around awhile.? seem to recall gremlin helping out wi that, but then as yeh dont come on that much, perhaps yeh aint aware of the his circs. also yeh aint aware of what goes on on here sometimes.
Did I say that all posts are dealt with cynically? I just highlighted that somebody on the roofelt post had questioned the motives for the post.

I've also appreciated in the past the help I've received via the website No offence was intended to Gremlin. I come on Accyweb as and when I need/want to.

I just wish that posts would be taken more at face value without there having to be a hidden agenda
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 19:58   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No hidden agenda wi this kid, just say as i think, if anyone disagrees or agrees, couldn't really give a stuff,
Old 19-01-2013, 20:13   #19
Senior Member+

oh dear, what have I started.
i should have kept my mouth shut and gone out scruffy.
maxthecollie and susie123 like this.
Old 19-01-2013, 20:17   #20
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
It's Saturday night Russell, sometimes folks just need something to occupy themelves. Specially when there's nothing on TV - OK unless you like snooker...
Old 19-01-2013, 20:27   #21
Senior Member+

They could always come round here and do some ironing for me.
I am in bed at the moment with a back which is reluctant to let me stand for more than a few minutes and reading a book by Bill Bryson.
There are other authors by the way in case you think I am advertising his work.

The iPad is on the bedside cabinet keeping an eye on this thread, there are other tablets by the way to watch the internet on.
Old 19-01-2013, 20:36   #22
Resting In Peace

Quote:
They could always come round here and do some ironing for me.
I am in bed at the moment with a back which is reluctant to let me stand for more than a few minutes and reading a book by Bill Bryson.
There are other authors by the way in case you think I am advertising his work.

The iPad is on the bedside cabinet keeping an eye on this thread, there are other tablets by the way to watch the internet on.
I see you haven't lost your sense of humour!

When I first looked at your post I read Enid Blyton for Bill Bryson - thought you were heading for your second childhood!

Hope your back gets better soon.
Old 19-01-2013, 20:45   #23
Senior Member+

The old back has had a couple of operation in the past 14 years but is normally OK.
I took friend to three different supermarkets today and stupidly walked around with him.
I think the twisting and dodging other people upset my back.
A good night rest will put it right.
That and a nice big glass of, better not say.
Old 19-01-2013, 20:52   #24
Resting In Peace

Good, night night, sleep well
Old 19-01-2013, 21:14   #25
Senior Member+

Gremlin, I don't think I said how sorry I was for your loss, if not I do so now.
I can't imagine life without my other half- ironing shirts must be the least of your problems.
As for the back- it's no fun, is it? I spent 7 months last year unable to walk more than 100 feet without sitting down. They(the experts) say you should keep it moving but we all have different causes.
I'm sure hedman meant no offence to you- there are so many threads and posts on Accyweb it's impossible to keep up to date on everyone.
They do say two big glasses do you more good than one! It won't cure it but you won't care.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 14:18   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Gremlin, I don't think I said how sorry I was for your loss, if not I do so now.
I can't imagine life without my other half- ironing shirts must be the least of your problems.
As for the back- it's no fun, is it? I spent 7 months last year unable to walk more than 100 feet without sitting down. They(the experts) say you should keep it moving but we all have different causes.
I'm sure hedman meant no offence to you- there are so many threads and posts on Accyweb it's impossible to keep up to date on everyone.
They do say two big glasses do you more good than one! It won't cure it but you won't care.
Gordon

Indeed no offence was intended to Gremlin my point was more about the responses that are sometimes made in response to requests for information and once again if any was taken then I sincerely apologise.

In no way was I suggesting that this was advertising but just in some other posts there are responses raising questions on the validity of the question

Some posts for example of asked directly which is the best taxi company or your favourite takeaway and people pass comments either positive or negative without question
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 14:45   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
In no way was I suggesting that this was advertising but just in some other posts there are responses raising questions on the validity of the question
That's usually because the person doing the asking has come on out of the blue, has no history with the site & is "asking" about recommendations for this or that & well, would you believe it, another new member signs up & "advises" the asker ............ cynical minds may see some ploy in this & raise queries about the asker & their integrity.

Gremlin is well known on the site & those others you mention are usually known to other members so are seen as genuine & not a plant. Anyways tuition over, so lets just let it rest now Hedman, all friends again & no ones honour or integrity impinged eh ?
Old 20-01-2013, 18:14   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie 123 View Post
In this case it wasn't, as Margaret pointed out, Gremlin is a familiar figure in the forum so it was clear his was a genuine query. Or perhaps you're referring to your question and my answer, which wasn't meant to be cynical but informative.
As for Gremlin's situation, I don't know how often you visit the forum, but he posted this thread a few weeks ago (see especially posts 1, 33 and 39). I thought you might be aware of it. He has been receiving support from Accyweb members since then but I won't say any more as I respect his privacy.
Totally agree susie, Gremlin is one of the most genuine chaps you'd hope to meet
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2013, 18:18   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You haven't started anything Russell, take no notice
Old 20-01-2013, 18:21   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Only two glasses Gordon

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..