Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2013, 13:38   #1
Senior Member+

Help finding Iron lady, ironing service.

I have been having my ironing done by a lady called Beverley who I believe lives in West End Oswaldtwistle and is know as The Iron lady.

I had a desk clean up and seem to have lost her phone number and wonder if anybody knows her or her number.
Her husband usually picks up my things at tea time and returns them ironed the next day, I know nothing else about him or her but will need to contact her again soon to do some more ironing for me.
I don't want anybody to suggest another person, just the number of Iron lady please.
Just PM me if you know the number, I am not trying to advertise on the forum.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18-01-2013, 14:07   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Help finding Iron lady, ironing service.

PM sent.I found the number on Yell.com

Last edited by maxthecollie; 18-01-2013 at 14:09.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 14:10   #3
Resting In Peace

Beat me to it Max. Won't need to PM him now if you have done so.
Old 18-01-2013, 14:11   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Beat me to it Max. Won't need to PM him now if you have done so.
We all love to helpwhen we can
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 15:38   #5
Senior Member+

Thanks maxthecollie, I rang the number just to confirm and it is the same lady.
I never thought she would be in the phone book or yellow pages, I was under the impression it was just a small home service.

I send a few shirts and chinos every three weeks and am happy to keep on doing so.
Thanks to you also Sue.

Last edited by Gremlin; 18-01-2013 at 15:43.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 16:08   #6
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I never thought she would be in the phone book or yellow pages, I was under the impression it was just a small home service.
Thanks to you also Sue.
There you are Russell, you're obviously dealing with a professional service. Accyweb to the rescue again!
Old 19-01-2013, 11:16   #7

Could I ask how this post differs from the one regarding Roofelt - in that in the other one the original poster is cynically accused of promoting another company ie Roofelt

I tend to trust that if somebody posts on here under Q and A's then it's a genuine request for assistance but cynically some members always think there's some ulterior motive
anzac likes this.
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 11:29   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
Could I ask how this post differs from the one regarding Roofelt - in that in the other one the original poster is cynically accused of promoting another company ie Roofelt

I tend to trust that if somebody posts on here under Q and A's then it's a genuine request for assistance but cynically some members always think there's some ulterior motive
He did say at the end of his post he was not trying to advertise and if you gave a bit of thought to Gremlin's recent circumstances you might be a bit more understanding.
Old 19-01-2013, 12:02   #9
Beacon of light

Quote:

Gremlin has been on the forum for quite a while and has posted to many threads.......that is probably some of the difference.

Some people come on here, post nothing other than a request for help finding a tradesman...or company...this inevitably raises suspicion that they are not really looking for the tradesman but doing a bit of 'buck-shee' advertising.
And then they are never seen again.

I am not being 'fly' by telling you this, but just giving you an answer to the question you posed.......I just hope it wasn't one of those rhetorical questions.
Gremlin, maxthecollie and susie123 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2013, 16:15   #10

Quote:
He did say at the end of his post he was not trying to advertise and if you gave a bit of thought to Gremlin's recent circumstances you might be a bit more understanding.

I think anybody has a right to ask a question on Accyweb and for it not to be treated cynically by anybody

There are lots of examples on the site were companies have been named as providing poor service which could have an adverse affect on their business how do we not know that it's not a rival trying to destroy anothers business. I don't see how somebody asking for a contact number is advertising - for all you know the person could be contacting them to make a complaint

People have asked on here for electricians, plumbers etc again whats to stop the tradesman posting a glowing reference about themselves

As to knowing Gremlins circumstanes - why should I be aware of any members circumstances, thats not being callous I just dont understand why I should be aware of another members circumstances

Last edited by hedman2003; 19-01-2013 at 16:18.
Old 19-01-2013, 16:33   #11
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I think anybody has a right to ask a question on Accyweb and for it not to be treated cynically by anybody

As to knowing Gremlins circumstanes - why should I be aware of any members circumstances, thats not being callous I just dont understand why I should be aware of another members circumstances
In this case it wasn't, as Margaret pointed out, Gremlin is a familiar figure in the forum so it was clear his was a genuine query. Or perhaps you're referring to your question and my answer, which wasn't meant to be cynical but informative.
As for Gremlin's situation, I don't know how often you visit the forum, but he posted this thread a few weeks ago (see especially posts 1, 33 and 39). I thought you might be aware of it. He has been receiving support from Accyweb members since then but I won't say any more as I respect his privacy.
Old 19-01-2013, 16:35   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
why I should be aware of another members circumstances
Because, quite often folks will post on here about a situation they find themselves in at the present time, usually as a way of easing a burden, acquiring some solace or sharing their empathy with others undergoing some upset.

As to Gremlin, his Wife recently passed away (written about within these very pages) & within this cyber community, extended AccyWeb family he managed to find some small comfort for his loss aided by the "Friendship" & support of those posting with words of compassion or a sorrow shared.
jaysay and Gremlin like this.
Old 19-01-2013, 18:17   #13
Resting In Peace

Sorry Hedman it may help you if I posted the link I omitted earlier.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...lor-62951.html
Old 19-01-2013, 18:37   #14
Senior Member+

Thank you for the support you are giving me after I asked in all innocence about a lady who does my ironing.
I asked for a phone number to be sent to me via PM so as to avoid anybody thinking I was advertising some one I was connected to.
I didn't know the lady's surname so I was unable look her up in the phone book and never though she would be in Yellow pages.
I heard about her through a flyer posted through my letter box and thought maybe she was a housewife earning a bit extra by doing ironing for the likes of me. I have never had to do it since I left the army in 1961 (that gives my age away).

Anyway thanks to Maxthecollie I now have the number and rang it just to make sure it was the right one.

Thanks again to all who are on my side. I was going ignore the thread but decided to put my side to the debate.
Old 19-01-2013, 19:21   #15

Quote:
In this case it wasn't, as Margaret pointed out, Gremlin is a familiar figure in the forum so it was clear his was a genuine query. Or perhaps you're referring to your question and my answer, which wasn't meant to be cynical but informative.
As for Gremlin's situation, I don't know how often you visit the forum, but he posted this thread a few weeks ago (see especially posts 1, 33 and 39). I thought you might be aware of it. He has been receiving support from Accyweb members since then but I won't say any more as I respect his privacy.
The point I was making is that we dont treat all posts equally in that people make a judgement based on how many posts an Accyweb member has made as opposed to taking a post at face value. In respect of the roofelt query it was another member who was cynical regarding the motives for the post

My post was not in way a criticism of the original post but rather how we treat similar requests for information,No offence was intended to Gremlin and having read your link he has my sincere condolences and I hope I've caused no offence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..