Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2013, 20:56   #1

Exclamation Help in need of urgent prom transport

Me & my 2 friends are looking for some prom transport due to the fact that the arranged transport was not suitable for Monday 1st July & the prom starts at 7.Does anybody know of anyone with a posh car that would be willing to let us hire it or any close by companies that hire prom cars that doesn't cost extortionate amounts.
We are just looking for a posh car or something different to take us to prom but don't want a limo.
It would be very helpful if you could post a suggestion!
olivia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2013, 21:04   #2

Re: Help in need of urgent prom transport

Also it would be from near Oswaldtwistle Mills to Mitton Fold in blackburn
olivia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2013, 21:30   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Have sent yeh a P.M.
Old 28-06-2013, 09:11   #4
God Member

Use a bus, that would be different
Old 28-06-2013, 09:14   #5
God Member

.....why bother going at all.
flashy and Restless like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 10:12   #6
God Member

My lad for some unknown reason has decided not to go to his prom, its yet another 'Americanism' this country can do without
Old 28-06-2013, 10:17   #7
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
My lad for some unknown reason has decided not to go to his prom, its yet another 'Americanism' this country can do without
He isn't going because you raised a sensible lad Shaz. Give yourself a pat on the back.

It means nothing in the great scheme of things...it is just an excuse for a bit of a blow out(and an expensive 'do') that many parents cannot afford.
Restless likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 11:03   #8
God Member

Its also a case of showing off Marg, 'my dress is better than yours' and 'we have more money than you' 'our ride is posher than yours', its all a load of bull if you ask me

Olivia, no one is getting at you love, its just the whole idea of The Prom in general
MargaretR and Restless like this.
Old 28-06-2013, 11:06   #9
Beacon of light

Yes, of course it is Shaz....And like you I am not getting at Olivia, but if I were of an age to go to a Prom....I wouldn't do it......it is shallow and totally unnecessary.(just my opinion)
I would rather have some other kind of unique(to me) experience...and probably one which didn't cost so much money
flashy and Restless like this.
Old 28-06-2013, 11:29   #10
God Member

Parents who send their children to the prom are encouraging them in my opinion to advertise the fact that they are better than others, showing off is a disgusting trate
Restless likes this.
Old 28-06-2013, 11:44   #11
Senior Member+

Hope you find something suitable and have a great prom Olivia!
Restless likes this.
Old 28-06-2013, 11:56   #12
Senior Member+

Don`t be put off Olivia, I have two daughters, one went one didn`t, the one that went had a great time, wasn`t a case of showing off, just an excuse to get dolled up and have a good time with her friends. And out off the two of them, the one with the regrets, is the one that didn`t go.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 12:49   #13
Beacon of light

You can get 'dolled up' as you put it, and go out with a group of friends without it costing the earth.
Proms are an American invention brought over here to make money for commercial organisations......they are not necessary and put unwarranted expectations onto parents who often could spend the money on something of better value.
flashy and BERNADETTE like this.
Old 28-06-2013, 13:02   #14
Senior Member+

It doesn`t have to cost the earth, plenty of places sell dresses second hand, and you get most of your money back when you sell it on again. You don`t have to pay for an expensive car, although in her case, there were 16 ( I think ) sharing a car, so while the car was expensive, shared between 16 it wasn`t too bad, and there were lots who turned up getting lifts from parents.
I agree about it coming from America, but it`s only taking place of the school disco`s that were around when I was at school, but on a bigger scale.
Let them have their Prom, it`s a once in a lifetime thing for them, to say goodbye to a lot of their school friends.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 14:23   #15
Beacon of light

It must be an age thing for me then....I left school before schools had disco's...they were just Dances...and I couldn't dance so I didn't go to those either.
BERNADETTE, Gremlin and Turtle like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..