Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2004, 23:36   #1
Junior Member+

Hi, all, need help badly !!!!!

Hello, all, need some help for a friend of mine. Seeking info from anyone who remembers a young girl being hit by possibly a coal wagon, 1966 to 1970, possibly Staincliffe St. She was taken into a cake shop on Staincliffe St. She was (is) a half Asian girl. She technically died, but was revived. Would have been 2 - 6 years old. Sorry this is all so vague, but for various reasons, she has blanked this part of her life, but now seeks to find it all out. There is NO, repeat NO, possibility of any legal action, this is just a voyage of discovery, so please feel free to provide any info you have. Believe it all took place near the current Globe Centre, but.............. thanking you all in anticipacion

Nigel Varney.
mushroom42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2004, 01:40   #2

Re: Hi, all, need help badly !!!!!

Dont know anything about it but I wish you luck. Hope the accy web community can help.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 02:26   #3

I wish you all the luck you need. Sorry I couldn't help either x
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 07:19   #4
I am Band

If this incedent was deemed to be newsworthy, maybe it was covered by the Accrington Observer, or the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.
Have you considered trawlling through their archives.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 07:35   #5
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Hello there and welcome. I was too young at the time to remember anything, but good luck with your search. It would be a good starting point to look at the newspaper archives, as already suggested.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 07:42   #6
God Member

Hi, sorry I dont remember it but the library keep archives, also for dates of hospitalisation etc you can ask to see your patient records at the hospital, think there is a small charge for this not 100% sure though, good luck.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 10:07   #7

How about askin her family her friends for how old she was and when it happend?
Ifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 17:03   #8
Junior Member+

Wow, what a super response, did not expect so much so soon. Thanks to you all for taking the time to post. Her med records do not go back far enough to record the incident, but we will be going through newspaper archives. I was just trying to narrow the date a little, a 4 year spread of 2 papers is a lot of reading !! And thanks Ifty, but her "family" of that time are the reason she has blanked so much out...... enough said. Anyway, thanks to you all once again, and for your good wishes.
mushroom42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..