Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2014, 17:42   #1
Senior Member+

Hitting a women

Firstly, I'd just like to say I personally haven't/wouldn't hit a women.
Secondly, I don't think I could ever really condone hitting a women...but I'm open minded at the minute.

Now, it's Saturday night controversy time

Some say, if you can't comprehend how a woman can (physically) threaten or assault a man to the point that the man retaliates and must defend himself with the use of force, then you are no only ignorant, but also sexist.
For example, A (abusive) woman takes a knife to attack her partner (regardless of size) The women clearly has the upper hand in this situation, so why shouldn't the partner defend himself (with force if necessary)?

Personally I think there's a difference between defense and offense and usually the bloke can defend himself without hitting a woman back.
However, if a woman is not being rational enough to work a problem out and is in an (emotional) state, lashing out violently at a man, who's to say the man has no right in responding in the same manner?
I mean if you beat most animals with a stick, at some point, you're probably going to get a nasty response.
In a argument both parties should try to limit their emotions during to prevent their 'animalistic' sides from taking over.

Some may mention equal rights (if a women can give a slap, she can take one ).

I think when women say they want equal rights their referring to pay etc.
Not using it as a green flag to justify aggression

Some folk say a bloke should never hit a women, a absolute "no no", not even in sled defence or as a last resort.

What's your views folks???

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Neil; 26-04-2014 at 22:02. Reason: removed video
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-04-2014, 18:33   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Hitting a women

Equal opportunities?
Lucysgirl likes this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 18:59   #3
Full Member+

I think violence from either a man or a woman is totally reprehensible. To lash out at anyone is a selfish act in itself and anyone handy with their fists when they 'lose It' deserve all the punishment and shame heaped on them. What sort of a scumbag thinks it's okay to inflict pain on someone else just because they need to offload the inner frustration they obviously can't deal with?
cashman, Eric, dotti34 and 1 others like this.
Old 26-04-2014, 19:35   #4
Beacon of light

Well, firstly I detest Jack whatsisface.....and I really don't think that video is suitable for this part of the forum as it contains quite a bit of swearing.....it does nothing for the topic.....and you know the answer to the question you posed. It is a no brainer.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 20:12   #5
God Member

i was asked if i gave my missus a black eye

like hell i did

she had to fight me for it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2014, 20:19   #6
God Member

by the way if that were true she would have killed me in my sleep

or so i have just been informed

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 26-04-2014, 20:27   #7
Full Member+

Quite right too, that would be my modus operandi if it was ever called for.
Old 27-04-2014, 00:32   #8
Senior Member+

Question time:

1. What about in relation to "self defence" or to defend others (kids for example), She's hysterical and she's threatening violence against a kid, would a (back) slap not be justified?

2. What if you couldn't "just walk away", If she has you backed into a corner, you can't restrain her, would a "backhander" (not to cause damage but to create a "short, sharp, shock") or the threat of one not be justified?

3. What if the shoe was on the other foot, would it be ok for a women to give her partner a slap now and then (or threat of one) to discipline him? (I've known plenty of women who have done this).

4. Is retaliation not acceptable under any situation?

5. If someone attacks you with the sole intent and purpose of causing you harm, does that then automatically qualify them as an aggressor?

If I'm honest If your fine throwing punches, you must be fine taking them would be simple consequential thinking for me but mother always said " never hit a women" And to be honest if I was put in a certain situation I can't honestly say I wouldn't retaliate.
I think the law says you have a right to defend yourself and in some cases even make a preemptive strike.

password--Accyweb
Old 27-04-2014, 00:33   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
if a woman is not being rational enough to work a problem out and is in an (emotional) state, lashing out violently at a man
I knew that there would be a stereotype in here somewhere ... and this one was easy to find. Irrational, hysterical women ... if only they were more reasonable, like, say "men", there wouldn't be any domestic violence. If only they were more like men, rational, sane, males would not be murdering their ex-wives and girlfriends ... and, quite often, their own children ... a solid non-hysterical response to being dumped.
Less, Wynonie Harris and Restless like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 06:58   #10

Accyexplorer why have you asked this, other than trying to be controversial? I agree with Margaret, it is a no-brainer. Surely any right-thinking person would agree that violence in any shape or form against anyone and by anyone is to be deplored. So the question is superfluous.

By the way, you shouldn’t make comparisons between humans and animals – animals would come up trumps every time.
Less likes this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 07:58   #11
God Member

i think there has been a case where a woman walked out of court a free woman after attacking her husband because it was that special tiem of the month infact i think she killed the guy but on the flip side a man has walked free after claiming he killed his wife in his sleep

both may be urban legends or possibly both had guillible jury's and i think both cases were in america

i guess the problem with getting old is that it gets harder to remember when you heard about something

Old 27-04-2014, 08:19   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Accyexplorer why have you asked this, other than trying to be controversial? I agree with Margaret, it is a no-brainer. Surely any right-thinking person would agree that violence in any shape or form against anyone and by anyone is to be deplored. So the question is superfluous.

By the way, you shouldn’t make comparisons between humans and animals – animals would come up trumps every time.
I just wanted to see what folks views were on domestic violence, kind of like a little study (especially since I couldn't honestly say I'd NEVER hit a women under ANY circumstance).

I'm incline to agree that violence is never really the answer , there is no need to bring physical contact into most matters and as a "right thinking person" I will always try to avoid violence regardless of gender.
However, if a person (regardless of gender) decides to punch/slap/kick/headbutt me I would probably hit them the back.

Hypothetically speaking, If you had your back against the wall, your partner was being physically abusive, you couldn't walk away and thought your life was in danger, then (in your eyes) would you not be justified to give him a slap or maybe even a punch or two?

Another point I'm interested in an want folks views on is:

How many of our members (regardless of gender) would intervene if they seen a someone knocking their partner/opposite sex about?

Me an our peg were on our way home from the pub one night when we heard a woman crying and screaming, A man (boyfriend/husband whatever) was knocking her about like mad.
I went over to try stop it, I was punched in the mouth (causing injury) and the Mrs was slapped across the face (by the bloke). When i saw this I lost it (red mist) I went ballistic and ended up knocking him unconscious (so he wouldn't hurt anyone else). The police were called and I was arrested for ABH. Would I do it again? I can't honestly say I would.
I've also heard stories of similar scenarios were even the women being knocked about has turned round and said keep your nose out.

password--Accyweb
Old 27-04-2014, 08:44   #13
God Member

i once saw a woman set about a bloke in the hope and anchor with a broken bottle

he didnt exactly hit her he slammed the pubs front door shut on her arm as she tried to get back in to continue attacking him.This action disarmed her as she dropped the bottle but it also broke her arm.

i think thats the sort of thing accyexplorer is getting at its not always a case of the little frail woman getting a beating from the big nasty man theres some headcases out there as well..

do i think what teh man did was right or wrong

lets just say iv been the victim of a broken bottle and if if i found myself facing another coming towards my face i would do everything i could to prevent it hitting its target regardless of teh sex of teh person wielding teh broken bottle

im my case it was a man who attacked me so there wasnt much fuss made about what happened to him

his broken nose and black eyes healed i still have the scar
Lucysgirl and Accyexplorer like this.

Last edited by accyman; 27-04-2014 at 08:46.
Old 27-04-2014, 09:23   #14
Beacon of light

I still think it is a no-brainer. Domestic violence.....it doesn't matter who the perpetrator is, is just wrong.
To suggest women are hysterical and men are not is also wrong.......have you never seen a man fighting a man?
What used to be rare in my day was women fighting...but even that isn't uncommon now.
Why is there violence against anyone? Might it have something to do with what people see on their TV and computer screens.

You may think that this is alright.....but concisitently seeing violent actions de-senstitizes the watcher and makes this action seem at best 'normal'...and at worst brave and worthy. Except on the screen when the hero dies he has five more lives to defeat his enemy.

If I were in a violent or abusive relationship I would head for the exit as fast as I could.....if that were not possible then I would use subterfuge to get my own back......a squeeze of Croton in his tea....a rub of insulating fibre in his underpants...or a cut chilli.
I could think of many ways that the perp might not die but might wish he had.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2014, 09:33   #15
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Why is there violence against anyone? Might it have something to do with what people see on their TV and computer screens.

If I were in a violent or abusive relationship I would head for the exit as fast as I could.....if that were not possible then I would use subterfuge to get my own back......a squeeze of Croton in his tea....a rub of insulating fibre in his underpants...or a cut chilli.
I could think of many ways that the perp might not die but might wish he had.
What T.V. channels and web sites do you view to influence you in such an elaborate fashion?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..