Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2014, 18:19   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Good idea ... wear something with a maple leaf on it ... always goes over well in Europe Oh, and use "eh" at least once in every sentence. About 20 years ago, I was in a small town near Delft, wearing my team Canada shirt. Went into a bar, and found out that my money was no good.
You would certainly be feted in Dieppe - Canadians and Brits were very popular there - strange that the International Hotel didn't have a German flag amongst all the other flags - they have got very long memories.
Eric likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2014, 09:10   #32
Full Member+

Me and a friend hired a car in Malta when we stopped in a little fishing village to read a map. An old man came over to see if we wanted any help and, on hearing our accents, asked if we were British. When we told him we were he stuck his thumbs up and said 'Your the best' ! We were a bit puzzled but I think that was something to do with WW2. Very friendly folk, the Maltese.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:19   #33
Full Member+

By the way, couldn't say the same of the French. I got the distinct impression that many of the people we came across were quite rude, even hostile. Brittany is a very beautiful part of the country but I wouldn't apply that to the people we came across. They can stuff their onions where the monkey shoves his nuts!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:28   #34
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
By the way, couldn't say the same of the French.
Probably because seeing Brits reminds them how often we've kicked their arses & on other occasions saved same said Gallic scrawny arses from certain noisy neighbours! It's hard to be properly thankful when you're so arrogant.

Not like us modest Brits!
Eric and westendlass like this.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:40   #35
Full Member+

Ha, ha, just don't mention the war!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:55   #36
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Ha, ha, just don't mention the war!
So many to choose from, any one in particular?
Eric and westendlass like this.
Old 09-08-2014, 16:05   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
they have got very long memories.
Nowt wrong wi' that ... and there's lots to remember.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..