Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2009, 06:34   #1

Home visits

I went on home visits yesterday. This means going out of surgery to see people who are elderly or disabled and deliver care in their home.
We always call the person the day before to ensure they are in, know Im coming etc... why, roughly when.
Got to a lady's house yesterday. No answer...so... I tootle off to see the rest of my ever growing list of patients.
Later that day the daughter of the woman Im visiting (she is staying with her mum for a couple week, from Kent) rings up complaining to the receptionist, who passed her onto me as she was extremely aggressive and her whole tirade was around her saying I had never bothered to call.
I described the house...even the car in the drive and she still yelled at me that I hadn't ever been there. I even have a log in my satnav.
I tried to just get her onto the the fact that we needed to get her Mum seen, offered to visit next week at set time or as she was going 'shopping' with mum she could bring her in and I would see her straight away.
What is this all about?
She still continued to bawl and accuse me of not bothering to go.
Bit unclear what to make of this or why this response was needed.
It is however, upsetting.
planetsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-04-2009, 09:59   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Home visits

On the other end of the scale i had a carer turn up last week who refused to come in because i had a dog. She is a 9 month old cocker spaniel. I got the carer to ring up her company to tell them she wouldnt come in and all i got was "we have nobody else available to see you". It is logged on record i have 1 dog and 4 cats.

Not happy....
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 10:44   #3
Resting in Peace

Re: Home visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetsusie View Post
I went on home visits yesterday. This means going out of surgery to see people who are elderly or disabled and deliver care in their home.
We always call the person the day before to ensure they are in, know Im coming etc... why, roughly when.
Got to a lady's house yesterday. No answer...so... I tootle off to see the rest of my ever growing list of patients.
Later that day the daughter of the woman Is visiting (she is staying with her mum for a couple week, from Kent) rings up complaining to the receptionist, who passed her onto me as she was extremely aggressive and her whole tirade was around her saying I had never bothered to call.
I described the house...even the car in the drive and she still yelled at me that I hadn't ever been there. I even have a log in my sat nav.
I tried to just get her onto the the fact that we needed to get her Mum seen, offered to visit next week at set time or as she was going 'shopping' with mum she could bring her in and I would see her straight away.
What is this all about?
She still continued to bawl and accuse me of not bothering to go.
Bit unclear what to make of this or why this response was needed.
It is however, upsetting.
You can never please some people Susie, after all your only trying to do your best for your patient. I have covered this on here before, but after my last trip and stay in hospital, a home visit was arranged by the COPD Team (respiratory nurses) to make a home visit 7 days after I was discharged. The nurse came and checked me over took all my vitals BP Peck Flow, Temp Sats, Levels etc., sh then asked me if I had ever been seen by the Community Matrons, which I hadn't, so she referred me. The long and the short of it is that I'm now medical cover from my GP and the Matrons, plus my consultant and the COPD team, which believe me is very reassuring. I'm now on a self medication program, monitored by my Comm. Matron, if I have a problem I just give her a ring and she comes round, which is fine. The idea is trying to keep people like myself out of hospital by giving comprehensive home care, which works for me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..