Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 12:54   #1
God Member

Hospital Bus

Does anybody know if the little red bus still runs from Accrington to the Royal Blackburn Hospital and the times please?
Old 09-06-2009, 13:07   #2
God Member

Re: Hospital Bus

Bernie, TRANSDEV do a bus from Accy to the hospital now....you get on it at the Fern Gore bus stop, it might be cheaper getting a £4 day spot on than getting a return
Old 09-06-2009, 13:18   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Bernie, TRANSDEV do a bus from Accy to the hospital now....you get on it at the Fern Gore bus stop, it might be cheaper getting a £4 day spot on than getting a return
Knew about this one but it runs at times that make it either ages to wait for appointment or get there five minutes before and hope you don't miss your time Was thinking the red bus might be better with appointment time
Old 09-06-2009, 13:42   #4
God Member

The red M & M bus doesn't run from Accrington to Blackburn hospital anymore, as Flashy says the route was taken over by Transdev but I'm sure the last time I used it, there was a poster on the bus saying the route would be taken over by Tyrer coaches at the end of May this year. Not sure if they still use the same timetable that Transdev did.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 13:45   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
The red M & M bus doesn't run from Accrington to Blackburn hospital anymore, as Flashy says the route was taken over by Transdev but I'm sure the last time I used it, there was a poster on the bus saying the route would be taken over by Tyrer coaches at the end of May this year. Not sure if they still use the same timetable that Transdev did.
Thanks for that seems the choice is made then
Old 09-06-2009, 20:49   #6
God Member

Going to be a two bus journey as the direct bus is either to early getting there or to late. I certainly don't envy the people from Clitheroe who use this bus, it is a two hour journey for them near as damned.
Old 09-06-2009, 21:13   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Going to be a two bus journey as the direct bus is either to early getting there or to late. I certainly don't envy the people from Clitheroe who use this bus, it is a two hour journey for them near as damned.
You can catch a bus that goes from Clitheroe to Blackburn and change there. It would be daft to go from Clitheroe to Blackburn via Accy

Or catch the train from Clitheroe to Blackburn then get a bus
Old 09-06-2009, 21:29   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You can catch a bus that goes from Clitheroe to Blackburn and change there. It would be daft to go from Clitheroe to Blackburn via Accy

Or catch the train from Clitheroe to Blackburn then get a bus
I am not going from Clitheroe Neil, was just commenting on the length of the journey for anybody who does use it. You would think there would be a better direct service to the hospital for those people who don't have transport.
Old 09-06-2009, 21:35   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Make them walk I say.

Anyway I am far to busy to worry about imbred Clitheronians waiting for my free dental care papers to come through from work to go with my free Bupa plan
Old 10-06-2009, 10:46   #10
God Member

Looks like the timetable is the same as when Transdev ran this bus, I was hoping they'd have added an evening one as my Mum is currently in there awaiting an operation after having a nasty fall yesterday and it's not easy getting to the hospital for evening visiting if you don't have your own transport.
Old 10-06-2009, 13:16   #11
God Member

Quote:
Looks like the timetable is the same as when Transdev ran this bus, I was hoping they'd have added an evening one as my Mum is currently in there awaiting an operation after having a nasty fall yesterday and it's not easy getting to the hospital for evening visiting if you don't have your own transport.
No there is no evening service which I think is ridiculous, it will mean you getting the bus to Blackburn then one from there or walking. Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope the operation and her recovery go well.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:03   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
No there is no evening service which I think is ridiculous, it will mean you getting the bus to Blackburn then one from there or walking. Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope the operation and her recovery go well.
Thank you for the good wishes Bernadette, she was in theatre till late last night so haven't seen her yet but will be going tonight, having scrounged a lift to the hospital.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:37   #13
Resting in Peace

Just a thought, if anybody needs transport for an hospital appointment, patient transport is worth considering, I have no alternative these days as I need oxygen in transit. the service is very good and easy to use just ring 0845 053 9078 and chose option 1
Old 11-06-2009, 11:38   #14
God Member

Quote:
Thank you for the good wishes Bernadette, she was in theatre till late last night so haven't seen her yet but will be going tonight, having scrounged a lift to the hospital.
Hope the op went well, glad you managed to scrounge a lift Your Mum might get moved to Accrington if she needs a convalesence period, it makes visiting so much easier

Last edited by BERNADETTE; 11-06-2009 at 11:45.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..