Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2007, 21:13   #1

Houses on manchester road

Me and my boyfriend are expecting a baby and we are looking for a house to rent long term. I live in Baxenden and I have noticed a few of the terraced houses on manchester road (number 442 and 2 other houses on the same block) look like they are empty and need work doing on them. One of those houses would be perfect for us and our baby and we are happy to do work on it to make it nice again. If anybody knows who the houses belong to i would be really greatfull if someone cud either pm me there details or let the owner know a couple are interested in renting. The houses arnt advertised for rent but its worth a try i suppose if nothings being done with the house.

Thanks alot

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2007, 21:40   #2
God Member

Re: Houses on manchester road

where are you currently? I'm looking for somewhere to rent for my mum to get her from teh druggie/noisy scrote filled street she lives in at teh min[1].

If your already renting a small house I'd be very interested in taking it over when you move out.

[1] It wasn't like that for teh first 50 years she has lived there!

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:24   #3
Resident Waffler

It could be that the owners have long-term plans which doesn't include renting them out armani. Have you checked with local letting agencies?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:41   #4

i currently live with my parents they live in baxenden and it would be really ideal so they can see there grandchild.Im aware the owner may have long term plans but its worth a try i know the owner rented it out before recently just worth a try to see if they wud be willing to let us rent it as we dont mind doing the work it needs doing on it. Looks like the previous people made a mess

Last edited by armani; 03-10-2007 at 10:44.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:30   #5
God Member

Have you any idea if there was a letting agent involved? A lot of private lets are done through an estate agent. There is one on Little Blackburn Road that I know finds tenants for private lets. Can't think which one but if you are in Accrington might be worth calling in at a few and asking.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:51   #6

you could also post a letter to the empty house then when the owner comes theres a good chance thay will find the letter or mabie knock on the houses next door see if anyone on the st know the owner
carl hurles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 13:23   #7

ok yes thanks for the help

Old 03-10-2007, 14:32   #8
God Member

Shove a letter through teh door for the next time teh owner visits?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..