Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2013, 14:46   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Housing estate off whinney hill

Ah, susie, didn't realise post 24 was the original. You see, that's what happens by joining the EU-foreigners get to break the rules, we have to keep to them!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2013, 17:04   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Now, now, Neil, we can't have one rule for wealthy, good looking Italian women and a different rule for the rest of us!

Edited- I meant 'a different rule for wealthy, good looking English women'! Can't be too carefull.
Oops! Normally I am full of care GB You even have very upstanding British initials so I understand your mistrust of all persons beyond the shores of this fair isle It's just that among the farming fraternity that substance is pretty much everyday stuff and it is not considered offensive...quite the contrary, it even has a high economical value, being full of methane and capable of generating energy...not to mention Nitrogen for fertilising...
As to my being wealthy -in my wildest dreams perhaps but well as they say, where there's muck there's brass. There's plenty on the farm where I live but sadly it ain't my property
I do hope I won't get told off by Neil now you've pointed this out - I did send him some Karma earlier today though -perhaps it blurred his vision
(In my defence I can only add that I think the ++'s may have slipped in by themselves as I was pondering the Pope's decision to retire...)

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 17:23   #33
Senior Member+

Perhaps I should have said 'wealthy, good looking ex-pat women', mobertol.
I notice you deny the wealth but not the good looking bit! Fair enough. The one will do.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 18:25   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
ditto susie123
Hence my test post..
Ok I did make an obscure reference to a Japanese play but I thought I had a valid post.
In essence residents have been contacted by a private company offering to represent them in action/clains to the tip for the nuisance caused. Cynic that I am I see that as "ambulance chasing"

I hope the mods don't redact or blitz this post for using the word essence
Your all right Mr D they can't read small writing on Iphones
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 20:01   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Perhaps I should have said 'wealthy, good looking ex-pat women', mobertol.
I notice you deny the wealth but not the good looking bit! Fair enough. The one will do.
My looks are legendary!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 21:29   #36
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
My looks are legendary!
Stopped any good clocks lately.

Retlaw
Stevie R likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2013, 21:38   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
That's not fair - it wasn't my post that had the ++ in but Mobertol's, post 24, the one I was replying to, and that's still there...

Anyway I don't think the word we are referring to is offensive enough to need ++ or **, probably would have quoted the whole word myself, but then I'm a plain speaker as most folks on here are aware.
Haha I wondered why it kept getting quoted after I thought I had deleted it. It's gone now, sorry for the confusion
Old 13-02-2013, 21:46   #38
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Haha I wondered why it kept getting quoted after I thought I had deleted it. It's gone now, sorry for the confusion
Spoilsport !
Old 13-02-2013, 22:09   #39
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
So no more mucky talk then?!
Old 14-02-2013, 09:34   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your all right Mr D they can't read small writing on Iphones
You can make mine bigger or smaller Mr J just by pinching it with your thumb and forefinger

Motorola Milestone
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 09:52   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
You can make mine bigger or smaller Mr J just by pinching it with your thumb and forefinger

Motorola Milestone
I know what you mean these days Mr D
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 11:17   #42
I am Banned

Quote:

Motorola Milestone
Bit of a blooper there Mr j...should of course writ "make it smaller with my thumb and forefinger *chuckle*
Old 14-02-2013, 16:46   #43
Senior Member+

I read that wrong for a moment thought it was a jaysayism but it was you that posted it.

Anyway. I will be getting Nexus 4 sometime soon. I have Ordered just waiting for dispatch.... Nothing to do with Smelly housing estates or Smelly, Muddy Jacksons.... But Hey. I will test out the new 360 camera up jacksons.

Last edited by Restless; 14-02-2013 at 16:48.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 17:47   #44
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Nothing to do with Smelly housing estates or Smelly, Muddy Jacksons.... But Hey. I will test out the new 360 camera up jacksons.
ditto Mr R ..
Lumia 920 coming my way soon...company issue..getting rid of those infernal blackberries..final worn my masters in the HOTBLOTF they are *expletive deleted*
Will test the camera on it down Jacksons
(various shots of the swing bridge under and over !)
Old 14-11-2016, 11:48   #45

I remember,about 1945 or so walking a girl over Whinney Hill after Sunday school. Just off the path was a hole in the ground which I suspect was a ventilation hole for the pit below. Is the hole still there or has it been capped off. It looked mighty dangerous to me
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..