Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Questions and Answers
Donate! Join Today

Questions and Answers Feel free to ask any questions about Accrington and the surrounding area and hopefully one of our members can help you out.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2007, 08:25   #16
mez
God Member

Re: How do I get my money back ?

i had a run in with c/b cabs on sunday, i ordered a minibus for 12 of us to go to game cock sunday lunch time .....rang them 10am on the same day to confirm the booking told yes all ok 11-45am outside regency ......11-55am 1 6 seater turned up .....i packed him off ...... waited .. then rang them oh sorry was told but the 12 seater broken down ......you will have to have 2 6 seaters ...i replied you could have told me that when i rang at 10am .....by now im blazing ...had 2 more pick up's on way ......1 x 6 seater arrived he said you paying me now .....no says i wait for me over there & i'll pay you then ..........another 5 mins passes & my 6 seater arrives by this time its getting on for 12-10lunch time ......we picked up on way & as we approached the pub ....(game cock) i said right were's the other taxi he dosn't seem to be here ...i aint paid him ......tough !! i gave the taxi driver his money & the other taxi drivers money too & told him firmly that i would not be using them coming back or ever again ...... stick with it joanne get your money back & i hope you get compensation too. good luck .
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2007, 08:49   #17

Got a cheque (although we paid cash) from the proprietor for £100 after threatening to give the story to the observer of "family with small children left stranded at airport by C.B. taxis".

The proprietor tried to put the blame on everyone from Virgin Airline (he said they had not posted the arrival times on texitext), my husband, saying he gave them the wrong details, and other customers saying that they are often let down and ripped off by other customers!!

In the end I told him that we would leave it in the hands of the puplic and the councils taxi licencing department. This seemed to change his attitude but I am not sure whether this was due to the threat of bad publicity or the fear of being investigated, apparently the driver who took us to the airport had only been in the country 6 weeks (therefore was he registered to driver the taxi?) and the also openly admitted that he had forgot to pick us up and had then gone on another job which is why he didn't get there until after 11:40am (we had booked him for 9:30am).

I am still blazing at the way we have been treated and I just hope that the cheque doesn't bounce now or I will be annoyed.

Thank you all for your advise and support xx
Old 02-11-2007, 08:53   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanne72_uk View Post
apparently the driver who took us to the airport had only been in the country 6 weeks (therefore was he registered to driver the taxi?)

What's the licencing procedure for a taxi driver ?

Sounds like the company should be investigated as a whole by the authorities
Old 02-11-2007, 08:54   #19
Resting in Peace

That's great news, glad you got your money back in the end
But would it not take more that 6 weeks to get a driving licence never mind a taxi licence

Last edited by Mick; 02-11-2007 at 08:56.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 13:19   #20
God Member

Think you should still go to the paper to warn people of how this firm operate. No way should you have been left waiting about at the airport as you were. If you get on to the paper it could stop some other family going through the same in the future.
Old 02-11-2007, 23:16   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
What's the licencing procedure for a taxi driver ?

Sounds like the company should be investigated as a whole by the authorities
Well it can take between 6-8 weeks for a CRB check to come back!! ( and thats for checks on British people )

Then they have to go through the Exam, which has to be done in English. In this test you have to do a Knowledge exam ( street names, areas ) and how to get to them. Now i'm sorry, but NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY that has only been here for 6 weeks will have the foggiest about streets and places. Then you have to attend a 6 week collage course.

Something smells a funny colour here to me!! and I would still report it to the taxi enforcement officers down at the council. It's Idiots like these that are giving the GOOD taxi drivers a bad name, and it really gets up my bloody nose.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:09   #22

£100!!!!

I'm a regular in Manchester and it costs £25 to get there from Ossy and £25 back!!!.. Ossy Taxi's all the way, censored those *CENSORED* censored..!!! ROBBING GITS THATS ALL THEY ARE!!

CANT BELIEVE IT... £100!!!!!!

JESUS F**** CHRIST!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:20   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
£100!!

JESUS F**** CHRIST!!!
It aint he's fault...
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 10:27   #24
God Member

Cb's whole attitude is bad, the most common annoyance of not being a customer is they think they own the road!!! There is a taxi rank on street between bees knees & Baileys - whole roads specially for taxi/private hire parking - yet its not good enough for CB's no - they have to take up public parking on Cannon st [adjacent church] too, which really gets my back up cos deprives parking for other road users - plus EVEN when all spaces are taken again its still not content with that so they darn park parallel to other parked car on the entrance to the road from church st, so blocking the blumming road!!!! As spotted a few times

Wonder if hyjack of other operators still go on that another firm were guilty of or are they now on digital waves????

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 03-11-2007 at 10:31.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..